Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prince

Quote Originally Posted by RRA View Post
    I think he planned for it to become a museum eventually, since he already had a lot of his stuff on exhibit at PP and showed them off for the public (like his concerts). Hell it came out after he died that he actually quietly bought the Minneapolis house that was used for The Kid's family home during shooting for PURPLE RAIN.

If I went there, I would like to see the Vault, putting reality to a mythical room that's been on the minds of fans for decades.
    Ahh yes good point. I am glad. I am glad we have this level of access to him now but I am just so had it had happen upon his passing.

Wherever resistance works there will be uninteresting concern-trolling bores with nothing of their own to say trying to shame you for ever being worried in the first place. Do not fall for it. - wise words from Sageth

A Bad Man in a Bad Land / Mr. Consistency
    PURPLE RAIN re-master/deluxe edition is finally coming out next year. Meanwhile, new compilation "4Ever" drops next month with legendary bootleg "Moonbeam Levels" making its first official release. Also "Batdance" makes its first Prince compilation debut. (I do wonder if Prince kept it off hits albums in his lifetime because he sorta hated?)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html

As a hardcore fan, I have no use for that compilation. But I know its not aimed at me, but most consumers who aren't hardcore fans. Here's what baffles me: those who want a Prince sampler out of a knee-jerk nostalgia/emotional buy already did so after he died by buying THE HITS/B-SIDES and THE VERY BEST OF PRINCE. So how much of that market is left?
    Recent films RRA survived:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Thumbs Up)
    King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
    Free Fire (Thumbs Up)
    Power Rangers
    The Belko Experiment (Thumbs Up)
    The Assignment

New details on remastered PURPLE RAIN out in June. The album plus 2 discs of "previously unreleased music" plus 2 complete recorded concert films.

(I'm guessing, without much effort, those 2 films will be the '83 Minneapolis show which several tracks from the album was culled from and the 1985 Syracuse show that was filmed and released on VHS back in the day. Nothing new if you're deep in the Prince fandom, BUT both released officially in decent condition? Hell yeah.)

Also several days ago, Universal bought rights to most of Prince's post-WB catalogue including a caveat that it'll eventually include albums from his WB years. (Not mentioned which ones exactly. I like how Prince continues to be confusing, even after his death.)

Free Fire (Thumbs Up)
    Power Rangers
    The Assignment

Lots of developments lately: Toxicology results from Prince's autopsy now public:

Toxicology results revealed Prince's blood fentanyl level measured 67.8 milligrams. Three is considered fatal by experts. His liver fentanyl level topped 435 milligrams. Anything above 69 is toxic, according to
    investigators. And his gastric fentanyl registered at 14,000, an extraordinarily high amount, and more than his 112-pound body could handle, according to sources."
    Random news, the Prince-involved side projects THE FAMILY and MADHOUSE 8 are now on iTunes and Amazon. Thought the former was OK, preferred MADHOUSE 16 to be honest but still cool this finally happened.

And the PURPLE RAIN deluxe edition (out next month) details are out.

Disc One: Original Album (2015 Paisley Park Remaster)
    1. Let’s Go Crazy
    2. Take Me With U
    3. The Beautiful Ones
    4. Computer Blue
    5. Darling Nikki
    6. When Doves Cry
    7. I Would Die 4 U
    8. Baby I’m A Star
    9. Purple Rain
    Disc Two: From The Vault & Previously Unreleased
    1. The Dance Electric
    2. Love And Sex
    3. Computer Blue (“Hallway Speech” version)
    4. Electric Intercourse (studio)
    5. Our Destiny / Roadhouse Garden
    6. Possessed (1983 version)
    7. Wonderful Ass
    8. Velvet Kitty Cat
    9. Katrina’s Paper Dolls
    10. We Can F–k
    11. Father’s Song
    PURPLE RAIN DELUXE – EXPANDED EDITION
    Includes Disc One and Disc Two as Listed Above
    Disc Three: Single Edits & B-Sides
    1. When Doves Cry (edit)
    2. 17 Days
    3. Let’s Go Crazy (edit)
    4. Let’s Go Crazy (Special Dance Mix)
    5. Erotic City
    6. *Erotic City (“Make Love Not War Erotic City Come Alive”)
    7. *Purple Rain (edit)
    8. *God
    9. *God (Love Theme From Purple Rain)
    10.*Another Lonely Christmas
    11. Another Lonely Christmas (extended*version)
    12.*I Would Die 4 U (edit)
    13.*I Would Die 4 U (extended version)
    14. Baby*I’m A Star (edit)
    15.*Take Me With U (edit)
    DVD: Prince And The Revolution, Live at the Carrier Dome, Syracuse, NY, March 30, 1985
    1. Let’s Go Crazy
    2. Delirious
    3. 1999
    4. Little Red Corvette
    5. Take Me With U
    6. Do Me, Baby
    7. Irresistible Bitch
    8. Possessed
    9. How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore?
    10. Let’s Pretend We’re Married
    11. International Lover
    12. God
    13. Computer Blue
    14. Darling Nikki
    15. The Beautiful Ones
    16. When Doves Cry
    17. I Would Die 4 U
    18. Baby I’m A Star
    19. Purple Rain

Well the '85 concert film finally on (legit) DVD is of course great and the price for this set ($30) is actually not bad. Downside is obviously fans are disappointed that for all the fabled songs allegedly recorded during that period that album was being put together (the legendary never-heard "Wednesday" comes to mind) that list of vault stuff is all we're getting in this set. (And if "Moonbeam Levels" last year was any indication, one has to wonder about their recording quality since that one didn't sound much better than the bootlegs that's been around for decades.)

Nevermind WHO THE FUCK WANTS RADIO EDITS? "Yeah I don't just want that full length song, I also want the shorter version."

Free Fire (Thumbs Up)
    Power Rangers
    The Assignment