Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031

Thread: Early As Hell 2016-17 Emmy Predictions

I think San Junipero will win TV Movie. It has by far the best reviews in the category, and the show performed surprisingly well at the guilds. Netflix will campaign for the award, they probably know that San Junipero and show is strong enough to win against a medicore HBO movie.

It's civil rights. This is the 90s. Donezo's Avatar
    Location: Wondering if sheep count us when they can't sleep at night...
    I might have missed earlier discussion, but any word on what's happening with Twin Peaks? Are there too many episodes to be in Limited Series? Is it even eligible??

NYFCC WINNER

Ur faves could never.

Quote Originally Posted by Donezo View Post
    I might have missed earlier discussion, but any word on what's happening with Twin Peaks? Are there too many episodes to be in Limited Series? Is it even eligible??
    Nope. It won't qualify until next season. Just double-checked, SHowtime doesn't have it on its FYC page (LOL @ Roadies being one of two eligible comedies).

Oh wow, they're pretending Roadies was a comedy. lol.

#ImWithDern

Yeah, it would have had to have aired at least 9 episodes before May 31 to qualify for this year.

Yeah it'll probably go limited series next year and David Lynch will win the directing emmy and that'll be that.

Although I kinda wish now they had just dropped the first 9 on showtime on demand instead of just four
    Last edited by chrispepper; 05-24-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Lol looking at that FYC page.... yikes. Showtime really is in a dire state right now. The Affair ends next season, both Masters of Sex and Penny Dreadful ended (and the first two are just no1currs), Homeland is clearly past its prime.... If Ray Donovan and Billions is the "best" drama they have they are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    I really really detest what Netflix are doing atm.. theyve got a bunch of really great shows and just dropped them all out in May in the hope that one of them sticks, even though they would have all been good enough to stand on their own.

13 reasons why definitely has the most buzz but that sort of teen drama is never happening, and dear white people has been just totally mishandled.

Im guessing they will just totally dominate the sag awards next year though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    13 Reasons Why has also gotten a pretty severe backlash with people saying it glorifies suicide and whatnot. No chance at any nominations IMO.
    https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/epa_australia_tennis_australian_ope  n_grand_slam_70484202.jpg?w=1000&h=  636