Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 498993949596979899
Results 1,961 to 1,978 of 1978

Thread: Random TV News Thread IX

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Poor Charlize.
    Not at all her fault (or Britt Robertson's). That show was doomed the minute the Sofia Amoruso media narrative it was designed to promote fell apart in real life. And she has Mindhunter coming out later this year, and a bunch of other stuff in development.
    Last edited by Rage Colored Glasses; 06-25-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/epa_australia_tennis_australian_ope  n_grand_slam_70484202.jpg?w=1000&h=  636

Well it looks like Friends from College will be another one and done for netflix.

http://tvline.com/2017/06/25/friends...s/#more-842336

I honestly can’t remember a show that squanders a talented cast as thoroughly as Netflix’s new comedy Friends From College does. It’s borderline criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Poor Charlize.
    Poor Ru!

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    Netflix cancels Girlboss after one season
    http://deadline.com/2017/06/girlboss...es-1202119606/
    I mean, it starred Brit Robertson. Girl is an albatross of bad omen if I ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul8148 View Post
    Well it looks like Friends from College will be another one and done for netflix.

That's surprising, I thought critics would be nice to anything with a minority at the forefront like this

I'm calling Ozark as next critical disaster for Netflix. It'll be too easy to kill it for transparently trying to Breaking Bad/difficult man

Robertson needs to stop signing up for mediocre projects. She's definitely talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul8148 View Post

Damn, I was looking forward to this because the cast is pretty good.

La Decima

Wow Netflix is on fire with cancellations!

I'm guessing they'll cancel 'Gypsy' next?

And yes, Ozark seems like a critical flop to me. Bateman as a director doesn't inspire confidence for a show like this (or any new show).

Mini teaser of Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It tv series. Will premiere in November on netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucul1za View Post
    Wow Netflix is on fire with cancellations!

I'm guessing they'll cancel 'Gypsy' next?

And yes, Ozark seems like a critical flop to me. Bateman as a director doesn't inspire confidence for a show like this (or any new show).
    Maybe they'll cancel Gypsy before it airs and it can go to Lifetime.

NICOLE FUCKING KIDMAN

‘Tremors’ Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon From Blumhouse Gets Syfy Pilot Order

The long-gestating Tremors reboot, headlined by original star Kevin Bacon, is a go. Syfy has given a pilot order to the project from Universal Cable Productions and Blumhouse Television, with Bacon reprising his role from the 1990 cult classic film.

In the new Tremors written by Andrew Miller (The Secret Circle), the killer Graboid worms that nearly destroyed Perfection, NV, 25 years ago are back, and the town’s only hope for survival is Valentine McKee (Bacon), who beat them once. But to do it again he’ll have to overcome age, alcohol and a delusional hero complex.

Alec Baldwin Confirms He’ll Be Back As Donald Trump On ‘SNL’

Elections have consequences, they say, and here is one: Alec Baldwin said today that he will reprise his orange-tinged role as President Donald Trump on the upcoming season of NBC’s Saturday Night Live.

“Yeah, we’re going to fit that in,” the actor told CNN in an interview published today. “I think people have enjoyed it.” Baldwin added, however, that his full schedule will limit his number of appearances to a minimum — “a couple celery sticks” rather than a “whole meal,” he said.

‘L&O True Crime: The Menendez Murders’: Josh Charles Cast As Brothers’ Psychiatrist

The Good Wife alum Josh Charles is the latest to join the cast of Dick Wolf-Rene Balcer’s limited series Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders. He’ll play Dr. Jerome Oziel, the Menendez brothers’ controversial psychiatrist, who plays a pivotal role in the case.

‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie

Laura Harrier has signed on for a key role opposite Michael B. Jordan in Fahrenheit 451, HBO Films’ adaptation of Ray Bradbury’s iconic dystopian novel.

Fahrenheit 451 depicts a future where media is an opiate, history is outlawed and “firemen” burn books. Young fireman Montag (Jordan) forsakes his world, battles his mentor Beatty (Michael Shannon) and struggles to regain his humanity. Harrier will play Millie, Montag’s social media-immersed wife whose consumption of all things digital results in a disconnected marriage. Soufia Boutella and Lily Singh also star.

Penn Badgley To Star In Greg Berlanti Lifetime Drama Series ‘You’

Gossip Girl alum Penn Badgley is set for the lead role in Lifetime’s straight-to-series psychological thriller drama You, from Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble (The Magicians).

Written by Berlanti and Gamble based on Caroline Kepnes’ best-selling novel, You is described as a 21st century love story that asks, “What would you do for love?” When a brilliant bookstore manager (Badgley) crosses paths with an aspiring writer (not yet cast), his answer becomes clear: anything. Using the internet and social media as his tools to gather the most intimate of details and get close to her, a charming and awkward crush quickly becomes obsession as he quietly and strategically removes every obstacle – and person – in his way.

Vimeo Scraps Plans For SVOD Service

Vimeo, which had been gearing up to launch a subscription VOD service, will no longer proceed with the plans.

“Vimeo has confirmed that it has decided not to proceed in offering a subscription-based original program service scheduled to begin in ’18,” a spokesperson for the video-streaming service, owned by Barry Diller’s IAC, said in a statement.

BB2 Expect the Unexpected.

Technicality no down boo over?! flibber's Avatar
    “Yeah, we’re going to fit that in,” the actor told CNN in an interview published today. “I think people have enjoyed it.” Baldwin added, however, that his full schedule will limit his number of appearances to a minimum — “a couple celery sticks” rather than a “whole meal,” he said.
    Yeah, outsourcing the president role on SNL to a part-timer remains a bad idea.

GirlBoss cancellation doesn't come off as a surprise. It was Netflix's worst reviewed show to date. And at the top of that it wasn't even audience hit. No one talked about it.

Lizzy Caplan, Rick Okon board Sky’s $28m ‘Das Boot’ Sequel

Rick Okon (“Tatort”) will captain the U-612 U-boat in the upcoming “Das Boot” series, with Lizzy Caplan (“Masters of Sex”), and August Wittgenstein (“The Crown”) also cast in the €25 million drama.

A 104-day shoot for the high-end series starts at end-August and will take in La Rochelle, Prague, Malta and Munich. Billed as a sequel to the 1981 film and Lothar-Günther Buchheim novel, the show will go out on Sky’s pay TV channels in Germany, Italy, and the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    I mean, it starred Brit Robertson. Girl is an albatross of bad omen if I ever saw one.
    That girl is competing with Zoey Deutsch for the crown to the ingenue with the worst luck in projects

Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    Maybe they'll cancel Gypsy before it airs and it can go to Lifetime.
    Nah, Logo TV. Even for Lifetime it's a cheap project. But cancellation is 100% sure. Maybe Nanny's next role will be as mother of Britt Robertson in a flop Walmart DVD film.
    Nanny Watts' Celebrity Children Daycare - 2017 version

Drama Series about race and class 'Mason Dixon' in development at Fox, from Lee Daniels

Written by Julian Breece, Mason Dixon revolves around a black politician’s wife and a blunt-talking good-ol’ boy who, in the wake of their spouses’ cheating scandal, form an unlikely alliance that blends their families and shakes up a community divided by race and class. Breece and Lee Daniels executive produce.
    FYC:

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Doona Bae (Sense8) as Sun Bak