Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 404445464748495051525354555660100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2293

Thread: Random TV News Thread IX

i miss mama grayson

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianmovies View Post
    LOL I love both of them! I'd so watch this if it got picked up.

I sorta miss Revenge tbh. Season 1 of that show was amazing, 2 was a mess, 3 was better, and 4 was messy but entertaining.

LOCAL MILK PEOPLE

I always have a soft spot for Revenge because Season 1 is straight fab, Madeleine Stowe is the greatest thing week in and week out, and Oscar nominee Jennifer Jason leigh as Emily's mom is A+ casting (that storyline sucked though).

I remember feeling so bad for JJL when she was stuck with that role on Revenge.

Never would've imagined that an Oscar nod was in her future.

Quote Originally Posted by Libs View Post
    LOL I love both of them! I'd so watch this if it got picked up.

I sorta miss Revenge tbh. Season 1 of that show was amazing, 2 was a mess, 3 was better, and 4 was messy but entertaining.
    Yeah, that's how I remember each of the show's seasons as well. I still feel like I could marathon the series again and it'd still be just as entertaining. It's definitely the kind of show that would've benefitted from 10-13 episode seasons, though.

You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. They're still the same. Pissholes in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by buck_naked View Post
    Great for Mulligan.

2017 Best Actress in a Lead Role - Annette Bening

Quote Originally Posted by buck_naked View Post
    The positioning of the image killed me

For a second I thought this was a remake of the Tom Cruise/Jamie Foxx movie.

Amy Brenneman To Topline CBS’ ‘The Get’ Drama Pilot About Internet Journalism
    http://deadline.com/2017/03/amy-bren...sm-1202047857/

I'm interested with the premise and I like the lead actress so I hope it's good

AARP Studios Launches With First Project Starring Don Rickles

AARP today announced the launch of in-house production entity AARP Studios and set its first project, Dinner With Don, starring Don Rickles.

The 10-episode Dinner With Don will featuring Rickles dining with friends and fellow comedians at some of his favorite LA-area restaurants, with a guest list that includes Billy Crystal, Robert De Niro, Jimmy Kimmel, Amy Poehler, Vince Vaughn, Paul Rudd, Marisa Tomei and Martin Scorsese. The series also will feature archives and footage from guest’s personal archives whenever possible. The premiere date will be announced in the first quarter of 2017.
    Yes!

Alec Baldwin Comedy Tribute Special Set On Spike

Alec Baldwin, hot off SNL, will be honored in a night of comedic tributes from his closest friends and co-stars in Spike TV’s original special, One Night Only: Alec Baldwin.

Described as part This is Your Life, part Dean Martin Roast, One Night Only: Alec Baldwin is a black tie affair that will be taped at Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater in New York City on Sunday, June 25, with Baldwin’s friends and luminaries from the worlds of comedy, film and television. The special will feature comedy, film packages, music, candid personal stories and a few surprises for Baldwin. It will premiere on Spike TV on Sunday, July 9 at 9 PM.

‘Trump: It Happened Here’: Tomorrow Studios Nabs Hot TV Series Project

Tomorrow Studios, Marty Adelstein’s co-venture with ITV Studios, has acquired the pilot and second episode scripts of Trump: It Happened Here — the ripped-from-the-headlines dramatization of Trump’s rise to the White House from political reporter Scott Conroy and Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment. Tomorrow Studios is eying the project as a potential ongoing series, which is expected to be pitched to broadcast, cable and streaming networks shortly. Adelstein is shepherding the hourlong project, which is light in tone, with Tomorrow Studios’ Becky Clements.

Jeff Daniels To Star In Hulu’s 9/11 Drama Series ‘The Looming Tower’

Former The Newsroom star Jeff Daniels is set for the co-lead role opposite Tahar Rahim in The Looming Tower, Hulu’s straight-to-series drama based on Lawrence Wright’s Pulitzer Prize-winning 9/11 exposé, from Oscar-nominated Dan Futterman (Foxcatcher), Oscar- and Emmy-winning documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney (Going Clear) and Legendary Television.

The Looming Tower traces the rising threat of Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaeda and takes a controversial look at how the rivalry between the CIA and FBI inadvertently might have set the stage for the tragedy of 9/11 and the war in Iraq. It centers on Ali Soufan (Rahim) and John O’Neill (Daniels). O’Neill, the determined, at times bull-headed chief of the New York FBI’s Counter-Terrorism unit, is rightly convinced that the U.S. has been targeted for attack by Al-Qaeda, and he faces deliberately insufficient cooperation from other organs of the federal government, particularly from his counterpart at the frequently antagonistic CIA. Ali Soufan is a young FBI agent on O’Neill’s I-49 anti-terrorism squad who quickly ascends to O’Neill’s protégé due to his brilliance, as well as his fluency in Arabic and Islam.

‘The Looming Tower’: Peter Sarsgaard Cast In Hulu’s 9/11 Drama Series

Peter Sarsgaard (Jackie) is set for a lead role opposite Jeff Daniels and Tahar Rahim in Hulu’s straight-to-series drama The Looming Tower.

‘The Big Bang Theory’ Renewed For Seasons 11 & 12 By CBS

CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television have reached a deal for a two-year renewal of The Big Bang Theory, through the 2018-19 season. The pact comes on the heels of the two companies closing a deal for a spinoff prequel series, Young Sheldon, which is expected to launch next fall behind Big Bang.

BB2 Expect the Unexpected.

Awards Season Fantasy League returns October 1st! Who will you draft?

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post

Baz Luhrmann on The Get Down, Finding a Showrunner for Season Two, and Why He’d Do ‘Anything’ for Netflix
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/03/baz-l...witter_vulture

Have any of you read about what happens in the pilot episode of the upcoming Disney Channel series Andi Mack?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalspy
    Disney Channel's Andi Mack isn't only notable for having the channel's first-ever majority Asian-American family.

The new show from Lizzie McGuire showrunner Terri Minsky centres on a shy 12-year-old who discovers a life-changing secret on her 13th birthday (as found out at the end of its pilot episode).

As her older and cooler sister Bex returned home for Andi's birthday, it was revealed that Bex is actually Andi's mother and not her sister.

Mic drop.

DigitalSpy

This Is Us who?

A Bad Man in a Bad Land / Mr. Consistency
    That's some Jack Nicholson realness right there.
    Recent films RRA survived:

Annabelle: Creation
    Kidnap (Thumbs Up)
    Wish Upon
    War for the Planet of the Apes (BIG Thumbs Up)
    Spider-Man: Homecoming (Thumbs Up)

That looks like the first watchable Disney Channel show in like 15 years.

My aunt used to live in Paris RayB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-10 View Post
    That looks like the first watchable Disney Channel show in like 15 years.
    Girl Meets World is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by RayB View Post
    Girl Meets World is cute.
    I wanted to try it, but I was put off by the production values. It looked cheap to me.

ETA: Also. Holy shit. I didn't know that was Lauren Tom in that Andi Mack trailer.
    Last edited by Matt-10; 03-23-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Drop that ass 'fore it crash Largo's Avatar
    Disney had a sketch show like maybe... six years ago that was actually not terrible. I remember someone sharing a sketch of Voldemort owning a Wal-Mart on Facebook and being really surprised at how funny it was.

EDIT: The show was So Random. I don't know if anything else in it holds up but I like the idea of a children's SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post

I'm interested with the premise and I like the lead actress so I hope it's good
    Hope Tyne Daly plays her mother or editor and it can be a real reunion.