Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44448495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,075 of 1075

Thread: Random TV News Thread IX

Quote Originally Posted by Libs View Post
    ABC has yanked Time After Time from the air effective immediately and will replace it with Match Game.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl Sheep View Post
    I tried to keep up with The Mindy Project after the hulu move but have fallen behind. It saddens me to hear that the general consensus is that it's become a mess, I LOVED it after it got out of its season 1 growing pains, but I really love Mindy in general and it developed a great supporting cast (Rhea Perlman ) The fact that it's officially ending will give me motivation to finally finish I guess.
    I'll always love the Mindy Project as long as it's funny but this season's storyline consistent of Mindy dating a boring white guy who's obviously not going to last has been so flat to me, it reminds me a little of Mad Men Season 6 where Don going back to just having another affair didn't really work for me interest wise after we'd seen all the things that happened to him in the Betty and Megan storylines

Quote Originally Posted by MVP of West Hollywood View Post
    I'll always love the Mindy Project as long as it's funny but this season's storyline consistent of Mindy dating a boring white guy who's obviously not going to last has been so flat to me, it reminds me a little of Mad Men Season 6 where Don going back to just having another affair didn't really work for me interest wise after we'd seen all the things that happened to him in the Betty and Megan storylines
    LOL according to that THR article.... Mindy is getting married to Ben ? Don't know why that article just casually spoiled the finale but I don't even care lol.

And tbh, Mindy keep dating a boring white guy (I actually like Ben though) is the least problem of this show. But the show's still (mostly) fun to watch I guess.
    If you could suddenly see your whole life, from start to finish....
    would you change things?

Mindy Project has always been a mess with its revolving cast alone. Do you even remember Anna Camp was initially her best friend then disappeared and replace with new non-work friends who also disappeared. The show has always been kind of a vanity project.

I'm glad ABC yanked Time After Time, hopefully Match Game rates well and give poor American Crime a better lead in and recover from its atrocious ratings
    Last edited by calculator; Yesterday at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    Mindy Project has always been a mess with its revolving cast alone. Do you even remember Anna Camp was initially her best friend then disappeared and replace with new non-work friends who also disappeared. The show has always been kind of a vanity project.

I'm glad ABC yanked Time After Time, hopefully Match Game and give poor American Crime a better lead in and recover from its atrocious ratings
    The mishandling of supporting characters was so poor to the level of being hilarious. I will never forgive the show just ditching Betsy (at least in Camp's case it was her decision to leave, and the actress who played Shauna went to do The Crazy Ones - even though it got cancelled after a year lol but Betsy just disappeared). She was so cute!

I think Mindy Kaling is very charming and talented, but I'm now just waiting to see what she would do after The Mindy Project. This show is already too much of a mess to ever dream of achieving "consistency" that I'd rather wait for Kaling's next project.
    If you could suddenly see your whole life, from start to finish....
    would you change things?

I even forgot about Betsy until you mentioned her.
    I even remember reading news that Stephen Tobolowsky is leaving the show and I was surprised that he was actually initially a series regular in S1 because he barely appeared lol

I'm looking forward to the show ending bc I need her film with TIFF to happen.

Amazon Tuning Grateful Dead TV Series; ‘Straight Outta Compton’s Jonathan Herman To Write

Amazon Studio’s passion for The Grateful Dead will extend beyond the four-hour Amir Bar Lev-directed feature documentary Long Strange Trip that it acquired at Sundance last January. Also in the works, say sources: a biographical TV series that will be written by Jonathan Herman, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his Straight Outta Compton script about the formation of seminal hip-hop group N.W.A.

Herman will adapt the untitled series based on Home Before Daylight: My Life On The Road With The Grateful Dead, the memoir by longtime Grateful Dead roadie Steve Parish. That will fuel a series whose ambition is to capture the long-running phenomenon that is The Grateful Dead, a band of musical misfits who came of age during the apex of the 1960s San Francisco counter-culture movement. They toured almost non-stop for three decades, and became one of the most legendary American bands in rock history. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and continue to jam for their fans, even though their frontman Jerry Garcia died in 1995.

Grateful Dead co-founder Bob Weir will executive produce the project alongside Parish, and Weir will also oversee all music for the series. Bernie Cahill and ROAR will also serve as executive producers, and Stephen Emery is a co-EP.

Quote Originally Posted by 24Emmy View Post
    Poor Jenna Elfman. She's had so many flops since Dharma & Greg ended. This will surely join Courting Alex, Accidentally on Purpose, 1600 Penn, and Growing Up Fisher.

The worst idea in recent memory has to be ABC's Work It.
    I liked her on Accidentally on Purpose but after hearing how she treated Leah Remini after she left Scientology, I'm not a fan anymore.
    Ring the Alarm.

Sandra Oh in Catfight.

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    I always found Mindy to be by far funnier and with a storyline (at least in Mindy/Danny era) I care more about than the hyped up female led shows like 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Unbreakable Kimmy, etc. The amount of jokes in the writing come almost as fast as Arrested Development for me, there's always some little line thrown in that's hysterical to me. I guess comedy is pretty subjective though.

Pfeiffer is not playing. She's gonna get that comeback started.

Also good to see eternal Emmy snubee Lauren Graham.

My aunt used to live in Paris RayB's Avatar
    Nicole and Ewan!

Yeah great to see Pfeiffer doing the rounds on her comeback.

ABC Orders ‘Boy Band’ Singing Competition Series

Boy bands are coming to ABC. The network has ordered 10 episodes of Boy Band, a new singing competition series set to premiere in the summer.

In the series, singers will battle it out to become a member of the next music sensation. Viewers at home will vote for their five favorite band members. Winners get a spot in the band and a recording contract with Hollywood Records.