View Poll Results: Who will be nominated for Lead Actress in a Limited Series/Movie? (Choose 6

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alexis Bledel, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

0 0%
  • Jodie Comer, The White Princess

1 1.61%
  • Carrie Coon, Fargo

26 41.94%
  • Viola Davis, Custody

7 11.29%
  • Lauren Graham, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

1 1.61%
  • Katie Holmes, The Kennedys: After Camelot

0 0%
  • Bryce Dallas Howard, Black Mirror

4 6.45%
  • Felicity Huffman, American Crime

12 19.35%
  • Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies

47 75.81%
  • Regina King, American Crime

10 16.13%
  • Jessica Lange, Feud: Bette and Joan

57 91.94%
  • Sanaa Lathan, Shots Fired

0 0%
  • Shirley MacLaine, Wild Oats

1 1.61%
  • Cynthia Nixon, Killing Reagan

0 0%
  • Mary-Louise Parker, When We Rise

0 0%
  • Michelle Pfeiffer, The Wizard of Lies

22 35.48%
  • Freida Pinto, Guerrilla

1 1.61%
  • Susan Sarandon, Feud: Bette and Joan

54 87.10%
  • Oprah Winfrey, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

19 30.65%
  • Reese Witherspoon, Big Little Lies

50 80.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Limited Series/Movie Lead Actress: March

Quote Originally Posted by klariso View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, Nicole is the most SAG-nominated actor with no wins yet? 9 nods, 6 individual.

She better win one!
    Who cares about a SAG win, tbh? They're only important as an Oscar precursor.

Quote Originally Posted by RayB View Post
    I'd die if Oprah comes to snatch wigs.
    Oprah will be lucky to wear a wig to the Emmys, she ain't snatchin' one.

I'm sorry, Data who? I don't know her.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-10 View Post
    I have a feeling Lange is probably winning the Emmy, but the Globes will go Kidman. Not sure about SAG yet. It's hard for me to see a Paulson-esque sweeper when the category is this competitive.
    Yeah. I don't think there will be a huge sweep and Paulson was basically overdue.

I think Lange takes Emmy + SAG, and either Reese or Kidman take Globe (star power and HBO) Id lean towards Kidman winning Globe. Reese is a star that usually wins but Kidman gets nominated more often

I don't think Coon is big enough to win

Don't just stare at it, eat it. Dina's Avatar
    Are we sure there can't be a sweep? Lange has been pretty good at winning Globes in the past, too. I know we're in AW but Kidman doesn't necessarily have to win something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Are we sure there can't be a sweep? Lange has been pretty good at winning Globes in the past, too. I know we're in AW but Kidman doesn't necessarily have to win something.
    Well, I'm not Kidman stan at all and I prefer Reese and possibly even Woodley but I wont deny how good Kidman has been and how showy and acclaimed her performance is

The show just feels like a big glossy HBO Globes thing to do, Kidman hasnt won a Globe since The Hours and had 6 noms since (Cold Mountain, Birth, Rabbit Hole, Hemingway, Paperboy, Lion)

Yeah, Kidman just feels like the most Globes-y choice of them all. It really has been a long time since she's won there.

I could see HFPA throwing Zeta-Jones a bone in supporting.

This entire post was brought to you by the year 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-10 View Post

This entire post was brought to you by the year 2002.

My fave is Kidman but I like all of these women so I'd be relatively happy wherever the awards end up next season. So far I definetly think Kidman or Sarandon are most deserving though.

Oliver, what's good??
    Xoxo Peach

*hands Faye the envelope* Cinesnatch's Avatar
    So, I've watched three episodes of Feud (and five of Big Little Lies). I think they're both great in their own special way.

The Outstanding Lead Actress in Limited Series/Movie Emmy race will be a bloodbath this year. There are going to be some great performances left out. Kidman, Lange, Sarandon, and Witherspoon are all vying for a nomination and would all make fantastic winners. I can't really weigh in yet until both series are over and I've seen everything. So far, though, I think Lange/Sarandon have the edge over the Big Little Lies ladies as far as who might win between those four (if they're all nominated). Personally, I choose Lange out of the four, but they're all batting it out of the park.

Witherspoon seems to have found the best character of her career and she is milking it like nothing else.

I'm sure someone could have played Davis "better" than Sarandon (it's a bit distracting watching Judy Davis in Feud, who is wonderful as Hedda Hopper, but .... I keep picturing Judy Davis as Bette Davis every time I see her ). But, I'm just so, so impressed with her work here. I don't think I've loved a Sarandon performance this much since Thelma & Louise, which, IMO, is her best work ever.

Kidman is delivering. Out of the four actors here, she has the best CV IMO. So, the bar is higher for her. But, to me, she's proving why she is one of the best working actors today. I love that she is "back on track," and has found her groove again. It's no longer wishful thinking on the part of her stans (sorry, not sorry McTeague). She is coming back into her own and there is no stopping her. There was a scene where Skarsgard comes for her, and there are these two separate looks of horror on her face. Absolutely floored. Never seen her do this. She continues to impress and finds new expressions, emotions. And the acting she did in the episode five psychiatrist session was top-notch.

People have said Lange's work in Feud is a pastiche of her AHS characters. I guess I can see that criticism, but I also see an original creation. Lange has basically taken a knife and cut into the heart of who Crawford was (for me).

I'd personally pick Kidman or Lange as a winner, but my heart would want Sarandon, because I just love Bette Davis so much, and there is a great deal that Sarandon gets right about this very tough assignment. I'm a bit of a sentimental weirdo, though, and think this would be a win for Bette Davis too (lol).

Kidman has the best role, she's giving the best performance, and she hasn't won an emmy before. She should win but obviously Lange is giving a performance that the emmys could just totally eat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinesnatch View Post
    So, I've watched three episodes of Feud (and five of Big Little Lies). I think they're both great in their own special way.

The Outstanding Lead Actress in Limited Series/Movie Emmy race will be a bloodbath this year. There are going to be some great performances left out. Kidman, Lange, Sarandon, and Witherspoon are all vying for a nomination and would all make fantastic winners. I can't really weigh in yet until both series are over and I've seen everything. So far, though, I think Lange/Sarandon have the edge over the Big Little Lies ladies as far as who might win between those four (if they're all nominated). Personally, I choose Lange out of the four, but they're all batting it out of the park.

Witherspoon seems to have found the best character of her career and she is milking it like nothing else.

I'm sure someone could have played Davis "better" than Sarandon (it's a bit distracting watching Judy Davis in Feud, who is wonderful as Hedda Hopper, but .... I keep picturing Judy Davis as Bette Davis every time I see her ). But, I'm just so, so impressed with her work here. I don't think I've loved a Sarandon performance this much since Thelma & Louise, which, IMO, is her best work ever.

Kidman is delivering. Out of the four actors here, she has the best CV IMO. So, the bar is higher for her. But, to me, she's proving why she is one of the best working actors today. I love that she is "back on track," and has found her groove again. It's no longer wishful thinking on the part of her stans (sorry, not sorry McTeague). She is coming back into her own and there is no stopping her. There was a scene where Skarsgard comes for her, and there are these two separate looks of horror on her face. Absolutely floored. Never seen her do this. She continues to impress and finds new expressions, emotions. And the acting she did in the episode five psychiatrist session was top-notch.

People have said Lange's work in Feud is a pastiche of her AHS characters. I guess I can see that criticism, but I also see an original creation. Lange has basically taken a knife and cut into the heart of who Crawford was (for me).

I'd personally pick Kidman or Lange as a winner, but my heart would want Sarandon, because I just love Bette Davis so much, and there is a great deal that Sarandon gets right about this very tough assignment. I'm a bit of a sentimental weirdo, though, and think this would be a win for Bette Davis too (lol).
    Love this post.

I'm rooting for Lange and Sarandon. And to think, we've only just finished Act 1 of "Feud", which means these two haven't reached the height of their powers yet. 5 episodes left and I honestly think the best is yet to come.

Kidman and Witherspoon are on fire as well, though the plot of "Big Little Lies" leaves me a bit 'meh'.

I want Pfeiffer in the race to really make this a line-up for the ages.