Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031

Thread: Survivor for Newbies

I'm right on top of that, Rose! jb's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): Bitch
    Survivor: One World

- The winner deserved to win. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Survivor: Blood vs. Water

- First 2 episodes. Pretty fun. This is my first Redemption Island so I'm still getting used to the concept and its rhythms (I wasn't expecting it to take up that much of the second episode). Not happy with the schoolyard elimination to start things off.

- I can't say that any of the returnees are absolute favorites of mine, although I like Aras and Tyson quite a bit (I really wish he'd ditch the long hair, he looked best in Tocantins). I'm more interested in the "loved ones," including Big Brother winner Hayden Moss!

- I see that little shit Colton is back and it didn't take long for him to become nasty again. Like, just a few days and he was already back to his One World true self.

- Fucking Rupert. I hope his decision to swap went over well with the fans because I thought it was stupid. I feel like he's always going for those "look how noble and selfless I am" moments and he ends up looking ridiculous to me (but he remains a huge fan favorite, I think, so it works for him).

It's kind of a really nice day makemeameteor's Avatar
    BvW is the only time the Redemption Island twist worked and I still would have preferred they left it out.

Pronoun(s): Him
    It worked in BvW because of the family dynamics at play made it interesting, plus it didn't feel like it was being used as a fail-safe for a production favorite the way it did the first 2 times.

FYC: Goddess Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman

- John! Those Idols really did him in. And his wife was right that he was too trusting. But spending time with him has me convinced that Candice is the real winner of this season and in life because John is perfect except at playing Survivor.

- I liked Marissa and would like to see her return on her own. She was done so dirty.

- I wasn't expecting Caleb to be the one to do Brad Culpepper in but it was still satisfying. I like him and think he could go far but we'll have to see how the tribal dynamics shape up after this Tribal Council. Isn't this around the time they do one of those tribal swaps?

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Wow, Tocantins was probably my least favourite cast from what I've seen. It was hard to root for any of them, and so frustrating to watch throughout. After Sierra left, I was pretty indifferent, apart from mildly hoping that Erin would hustle her way to the end. I'm glad it was JT over Stephen, at least. I still hate how the Jalapao tribe did Sandy K like that.

I'm watching Fiji now, and it's really bad so far. I can't believe the first five players voted out were women (with the macho male tribe rejoicing over this fact), followed by Anthony, who was called "effeminate" and "a little girl". I was really rooting for him, poor guy. Rocky is such an asshole. I dread the possibility that he goes deep when he was such an obvious candidate for an early boot.

Tocantins is nowhere close to the worst (although Fiji is). Survivor fandom is a deep dark pit. Only the most obsessive fans of James Bond or the Rolling Stones can truly appreciate how bad it can get, the amount of crap you need to be willing to tolerate.

- Certainly a solid season. It got just a bit dull in the middle but the last couple of episodes were fun. Loved seeing Hayden (BB12, that's where he came from!) put up a fight at the Tribals, altho he sucked at the final Redemption Island challenge. Tyson looked so happy to win -- it was a nice change of pace from the sardonic Tyson we always see. As for Monica, I really didn't remember her much from One World but it's interesting that she ended up being such a beast at the Challenges. Other than that, tho, what a frustrating player. She never made a big move, which worked in that it got her to the end but with no respect from the Jury (other than Vytas).

Survivor: Philippines

- The premiere. There are personalities with potential here but these returnees? These guys? Who was clamoring to see them again? Also, I never watched The Facts of Life so I have no idea who Lisa is. Zane was very obviously getting the rise and fall edit and I have to say, it was pretty satisfying, lol. Other than that, Pete is so pretty and I hope he makes it far.

Pronoun(s): He / Him
    I was really, really excited for Skupin's return when Philippines started. I feel really icky about it now though considering what a monster he turned out to be (I'm referring to his post-show actions, not his Survivor appearances)

Pronoun(s): Her?
    Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    As for Monica, I really didn't remember her much from One World but it's interesting that she ended up being such a beast at the Challenges. Other than that, tho, what a frustrating player. She never made a big move, which worked in that it got her to the end but with no respect from the Jury (other than Vytas).
    jb, haven't you ever met a neat lady?!

Keeping Up With the Wiseaus

Pronoun(s): RooneHe/SaoirHis
    does/did anyone watch Australian Survivor s4? I just watched the premiere last night. I've heard it's really good.
    benutty's fantasy
    representing
    CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
    Greta Gerwig MARSHALL Dee Rees
    Frances McDormand Laurie Metcalf Armie Hammer Daniel Kaluuya Tom Hanks Tiffany Haddish Chadwick Boseman
    The Shape of Water (Screenplay) Dunkirk (Film Editing & Score) Blade Runner 2049 (Visual Effects) I, Tonya (Screenplay)

STAPLE THOSE WIGS DOWN, HENNIES