Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829

Thread: Survivor for Newbies

Just finished watching my first ever episode of survivor. I want to thank Igor and jb for recommending Cagayan, because it was so good! I can already tell from watching one episode that I'm going to be addicted. Btw how are the brains hella dumb, and brawns smart ? Episode 1 favorite : Kass

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpotato View Post
    Just finished watching my first ever episode of survivor. I want to thank Igor and jb for recommending Cagayan, because it was so good! I can already tell from watching one episode that I'm going to be addicted. Btw how are the brains hella dumb, and brawns smart ? Episode 1 favorite : Kass
    Yay Greenpotato!

It was really starting to become an echo chamber in here. Anyway, I'm glad you're watching Cagayan because it has my favorite (and the hottest) Castaway in Survivor history: Spencer!

Survivor: Guatemala

- Now that we've got another Survivor newbie in this thread, I guess I should put my observations in spoiler tags, huh?

- Lydia is hilarious. Her one-person pep rally for the tribe was amazing.

- The previews overhyped the Jamie vs. Bobby Jon fight so it was mostly a disappointment (although I will never say no to some conflict). But Judd vs. Margaret at Tribal Council delivered, sadly with the latter becoming the tribal casualty. She did kind of shut down after the tribal swap (or, more specifically, after Judd's betrayal).

- Speaking of casualties, Brian. First of all, my corrupt mind thought of something else when he said that he had a strategy which was called "Bait Blake." It's only right for him to leave after robbing me of Golden Boy (aka eye candy). At least Jamie's still there. For now.

(Note: In one of the earlier episodes, I think it was Gary who said something like, "We've got a lot of diversity in our tribe," and I had to laugh because I think this is the whitest Survivor cast I've ever seen.)

That damn Margaret, man. She's a damn drain, isn't she. Man, I don't damn like her. She told me I have AAAY DEE DEE, man! And man, she called me a damn bad sportsmanship. I'm not a bad sportsmanship, man. I love my damn team except Margaret. And I don't have AAAY DEE DEE, man!

FYC: Goddess Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman

- This season and Palau were interesting to watch in that they felt like transitional seasons (the introduction of Exile Island and the Hidden Immunity Idol). I enjoyed Palau more but this wasn't bad. Some of the more entertaining people were eliminated earlier on so I feel like the season began to lose steam near the end.

- There was just enough time for Danni to prove herself a more than capable player and win the million. I was expecting Stephenie to get the boot at some point so it's interesting that she managed to go all the way and make it to the end (but burning bridges on her path).

- As for Bobby Jon, this is just not his game. He basically made jury because Stephenie felt bad for him. And he paid her back by not voting for her. Ouch! I thought they would've tried to form a pre-game alliance (unless they didn't know the other would be on the show?). They pretty much stuck to their own tribes but maybe they were superstitious about resurrecting the Ulong curse.

Next: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. I am so fucking ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post

- This season and Palau were interesting to watch in that they felt like transitional seasons (the introduction of Exile Island and the Hidden Immunity Idol). I enjoyed Palau more but this wasn't bad. Some of the more entertaining people were eliminated earlier on so I feel like the season began to lose steam near the end.

- There was just enough time for Danni to prove herself a more than capable player and win the million. I was expecting Stephenie to get the boot at some point so it's interesting that she managed to go all the way and make it to the end (but burning bridges on her path).

- As for Bobby Jon, this is just not his game. He basically made jury because Stephenie felt bad for him. And he paid her back by not voting for her. Ouch! I thought they would've tried to form a pre-game alliance (unless they didn't know the other would be on the show?). They pretty much stuck to their own tribes but maybe they were superstitious about resurrecting the Ulong curse.

Next: Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. I am so fucking ready.
    I'm betting you're gonna love that season. Whenever I think of rewatching Survivor I always watch a couple of episodes of Heroes vs. Villains.

And the best part is that you'll be ready to watch Redemption Island afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by FistsOFury View Post
    And the best part is that you'll be ready to watch Redemption Island afterwards!
    Yeah, not watching that.

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

- This was such a great premiere and for one that was two-hours, it really flew by! So exciting seeing all these Castaways again. Some of them, like Danielle and J.T., I'm pretty whatever about, but there are so many greats here that it doesn't matter. It's a shame they weren't able to get Corinne. But Boston Rob is right -- the girls on the Villain side are so much better and smarter at the game than the Heroes (Cirie is one of their bright spots and is probably going to destroy them).

- Lol, I loved some of the villains calling into question their villainy. "What did we do?!?" And then Sandra undoing Sugar's bra, confirming her role as a villain! And all those injuries, lawd.

- Russell is up to no good once again. Glad Parvati is already on to him, but how could you not be if you saw his season? This will be interesting to watch play out.

- Sugar. Flop. But it does kind of suck for those people who were "loners," like Sugar was because no one else from Gabon was on her tribe. You've got to figure there were some pre-game alliances made here, and even if there weren't, it's easy to (re)establish a relationship with someone you're familiar with.

Always Be Excellent to Each Other Howard Beale's Toothpaste's Avatar
    Oh jb, you're in for a treat. HvV is magic. satisfying all the way through. Maybe a few flaws due to editing. a few players should have gotten a bit more screentime than they did, and ONE PARTICULAR player got too much screentime. overall, though! best FTC, best winner.

Yeah, not watching that.

- This was such a great premiere and for one that was two-hours, it really flew by! So exciting seeing all these Castaways again. Some of them, like Danielle and J.T., I'm pretty whatever about, but there are so many greats here that it doesn't matter. It's a shame they weren't able to get Corinne. But Boston Rob is right -- the girls on the Villain side are so much better and smarter at the game than the Heroes (Cirie is one of their bright spots and is probably going to destroy them).

- Lol, I loved some of the villains calling into question their villainy. "What did we do?!?" And then Sandra undoing Sugar's bra, confirming her role as a villain! And all those injuries, lawd.

- Russell is up to no good once again. Glad Parvati is already on to him, but how could you not be if you saw his season? This will be interesting to watch play out.

- Sugar. Flop. But it does kind of suck for those people who were "loners," like Sugar was because no one else from Gabon was on her tribe. You've got to figure there were some pre-game alliances made here, and even if there weren't, it's easy to (re)establish a relationship with someone you're familiar with.
    No one did. This started filming before Samoa started airing.

- The Heroes tribe was getting so messy so it's nice to finally see them pick up a win. I didn't expect James to get so angry -- I guess he's really here to play this time!

- This Parvati vs. Jerri rivalry. Please let it continue for a while.

- I'm not a big fan of his but Randy throwing his buff into the fire was pretty cool.

- I'm aware that Cirie has the reputation of being the kind of Castaway who always manages to go deep into the game but gets cut before the end so I was totally blindsided by her elimination here.

- Colby definitely needed a redemption episode because he had been such a flopfest. I legitimately thought they were still going to keep James over him.

- Rupert and Russell don't seem to like each other very much, huh?

- Yes, a lot of people hate Russell Hantz and there are good reasons for that but what he has accomplished in the past two episodes I've seen (the Tyson blindside and eliminating Boston Rob) is simply brilliant.

- Yes, a lot of people hate Russell Hantz and there are good reasons for that but what he has accomplished in the past two episodes I've seen (the Tyson blindside and eliminating Boston Rob) is simply brilliant.
    Yeah the thing that keeps Hantz from being a great player is that he doesn't know when to cool his jets and let things just happen in his favor. You can only control so much before your own target and ego get too big for the other players to ignore. He's also just kind of mean so what jury would ever want to award him?
    keep ur eyes on the prize sis

It's kind of a really nice day makemeameteor's Avatar
    Apparently Russell had very little to do with the Tyson blindside. Tyson was just an idiot.

Did you watch Samoa first? You need to watch that season before HvV or Russell's arc won't have the same payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by makemeameteor View Post
    Apparently Russell had very little to do with the Tyson blindside. Tyson was just an idiot.

Did you watch Samoa first? You need to watch that season before HvV or Russell's arc won't have the same payoff.
    Of course I did! And he played excellently there too, I thought. Okay, maybe not so much on the social end of things.

The real winner of that season was Brett. He was so close!

It's kind of a really nice day makemeameteor's Avatar
    Of course I did! And he played excellently there too, I thought. Okay, maybe not so much on the social end of things.

The real winner of that season was Brett. He was so close!
    Girl. This is the most hateful thing I've seen in this thread.

Tyson has always given Parvati the credit for his blindside in interviews I've listened to. I forgot the specifics but she and Danielle said something that made him go stupid. Of course the show had to worship Russell some more though.
    everything comes full circle

Quote Originally Posted by Carolette View Post
    Tyson has always given Parvati the credit for his blindside in interviews I've listened to. I forgot the specifics but she and Danielle said something that made him go stupid. Of course the show had to worship Russell some more though.
    Would you care to elaborate? I haven't heard this before and this got me very curious.

Was Parv that big of a threat from her game from Micronesia that had everyone wanting to vote her out as soon as they stepped on the island? That's why I think it's best if she doesn't play anymore (though I love her and she's my favorite survivor player) because I feel like that reputation will stay with her forever.

J.T. is so dumb. So. Dumb.

J.T. is so dumb. So. Dumb.
    In the chat, benutty and I told you that despite winning, J.T.'s Survivor legacy wasn't fully defined yet, and you were convinced winning would be the most noteworthy thing about him.