Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Survivor for Newbies

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    All done! Great, great season -- much better than Cagayan.

- Arasgend. A deserving winner. Yes, he didn't win that many comps, but then nobody really did other than Terry, LOL. He had a good social game and ultimately it helped that Casaya had the numbers. He knew exactly when to get off that balancing thingy and let Danielle win that final Immunity Challenge. A gamble, yes, but a smart one. I know he could be kinda douchey and youthfully arrogant (the source of his conflict with Terry but c'mon, Aras was all of us every time Terry dramatically celebrated his wins) but overall I really liked him, and not just cuz he's cute.

- Danielle, honey, you were never gonna win (confirmed at the reunion), so it basically came down to giving a million dollars to one of the boys. She was making pro-con lists of the jury and shit, lmao. You tried it, sis!

- Terry was an excellent competitor but had a lousy social game. Yes, he was on the outs quite a bit and was always getting sent to Exile Island but I'm thinking of more near the end, like at the Final Four when he had the option of giving his Hidden Immunity Idol to Danielle instead of forcing her to make fire. Now it's likely Danielle still would've sided with her Casaya tribesman but it definitely would've accumulated some social capital for himself. He thought an agreement with her on Exile Island was going to do it? Come on.

(Question: The finale live shows obviously take place quite a bit after Final Tribal. How do they ensure that the jurors don't reveal their votes to the final two?)

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, y'all. This was so fun! Onto another Survivor adventure...
    They have to sign really strict contracts, so if they ever got found out for doing that, they'd be sued. How did you not mention Cirie in your summary?! My fave player of all time.

What's your next season?

COMEY TO JESUS MOMENT

Those contracts mean absolutely nothing lol. Pretty much every winner knows they won before they even get on the plane home, except for the rare cases where the jury vote is actually up in the air.

Danielle knew she lost EI (this didn't stop her from telling her whole hometown that she made the Final 2 though)

Quote Originally Posted by Heroesrule99 View Post
    Those contracts mean absolutely nothing lol. Pretty much every winner knows they won before they even get on the plane home, except for the rare cases where the jury vote is actually up in the air.

Danielle knew she lost EI (this didn't stop her from telling her whole hometown that she made the Final 2 though)
    I mean, yeah, most of the time it's pretty obvious how a vote went after the final tribal and their general sense of the game. But, officially, I think if they found out a jury was running around blabbing to the final 2 or 3 about how they voted, there'd be trouble.

I still feel bad for the Kaoh Rong finalists. Michele and Aubry had to legitimately wait a year to find out if they had won.

COMEY TO JESUS MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Libs View Post
    How did you not mention Cirie in your summary?! My fave player of all time.
    Yeah, the Courtney blindside is one of the most iconic and influential strategic moves of the show. It was just masterful how she had complete control over how everyone on the tribe voted. And the crazy antics of Casaya wouldn't have been as much fun without her sitting in the background laughing at the absurdity of it all.

It's honestly a tragedy that Shane didn't get picked for Second Chances. His crazy ass needs a second season.

COMEY TO JESUS MOMENT

Shane and Courtney both need to return ASAP, but I doubt it will ever happen I think Shane is over Survivor after the whole Second Chances voting and production has unjustly forgotten about Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by pathsofwind View Post
    Shane and Courtney both need to return ASAP, but I doubt it will ever happen I think Shane is over Survivor after the whole Second Chances voting and production has unjustly forgotten about Courtney.
    Fun Fact: At the 10 year anniversary party, Courtney got drunk, cursed out Courtney Yates for stealing her spot on HvV, and promptly got thrown out.

Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Heroesrule99 View Post
    Fun Fact: At the 10 year anniversary party, Courtney got drunk, cursed out Courtney Yates for stealing her spot on HvV, and promptly got thrown out.

Queen
    Why have I never heard that?

COMEY TO JESUS MOMENT

Rob Cesternino told that story on his Evolution of Strategy series (a great listen for Survivor super nerds, though a bit time consuming).

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, y'all. This was so fun! Onto another Survivor adventure...
    What season are you doing next?

Watch Palau. Super lopsided with an extremely obvious winner, but still a lot of fun and a good bridge from classic seasons to the present. Tom and Ian have the best bromance in Survivor history.

Yeah, I only mentioned the Final 3 in my last post.

Former couch potato Cirie was one of my favorites and it's a shame she didn't make it to the very end (Aras would've ended up winning the balancing challenge and then taken her to Final 2!). I always thought she had an Exile Island stay in her future but she managed to avoid it, for which I'm sure she was very, very happy.

Shane was crazy, lol, but it was funny how his tantrums were so frequent that they became tolerated by the rest of the castaways. Definitely the most bitter juror of the season.

Speaking of crazy... Courtney! Altho the fire dancer was nuts in a different way. Omigod, when she was asking her question at the final Tribal, everyone's faces were like, "Where did they find this whackjob?"

Y'all were discussing people who got island hot and I'd argue that Aras would qualify. I wasn't feeling his cleaned up look for the finale so much. But I still would've taken one of the yoga instructor's classes (), which I'm guessing haven't been a thing since he became a millionaire.

Yeah, Aras used his winnings to start his own business...selling tundra hats.

He also played again, in Blood vs. Water with his brother.

Pretty sure Aras torched his Survivor money in near record time (the winner of S21 might have the edge there).

Quote Originally Posted by Igor BiH View Post
    What season are you doing next?
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsOFury View Post
    Watch Palau. Super lopsided with an extremely obvious winner, but still a lot of fun and a good bridge from classic seasons to the present. Tom and Ian have the best bromance in Survivor history.
    I'm trying to go with seasons on Amazon Prime so it's between Cook Islands and China.

The picture quality on CBS All Access is horrific so even tho it's available there, Palau's out.

China, no debate.

Yeah, would go with China, my second favorite season after Pearl Islands.

Cook Islands is only a must see to set the foundation for Micronesia and Heroes vs. Villains if you want to watch those, otherwise, it's kind of eh. I love the winner, it's the first season for some of the shows most iconic characters (including my beloved Queen P), and some fun moments, but it's large cast filled with many duds, and can be a slog to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor BiH View Post
    Yeah, Aras used his winnings to start his own business...selling tundra hats.
    OMG.

And I liked his answer to Bruce's question about what he'd do with the money at jury so much.

Cook Islands does one of the great Tribals in the second episode and Plan Voodoo is crucial to modern strategy but it's mostly a chore and for me the winner is somewhat tainted by a hugely unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by FistsOFury View Post
    Cook Islands does one of the great Tribals in the second episode and Plan Voodoo is crucial to modern strategy but it's mostly a chore and for me the winner is somewhat tainted by a hugely unfair advantage.
    Yeah, when you really think about it, Cao Boi was more of a game changer than most of the fools they put on the current season.