Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Happily Ever After: Enchanted Sequel starring Amy Adams

  1. #41
    ◔_◔ boo's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: wherever the food is
    Posts: 10,579
    I really don't mind Amy doing this. $$$$. But...couldn't she get a better director? I know Shankman is a close friend of hers (probably the reason he's hired). Maybe she wants to help him out since he's been in the slumps in recent years. But c'mon gurl.

  2. #42
    Senior Member weezy's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Posts: 1,816
    i have doubts about this working since it's a sequel and coming so late after the original, but i'm sure amy will be amazing again as usual and hopefully it's a BO success too

  3. #43
    Senior Member tylerleigh's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Posts: 1,694
    Yeah, my main concern is also that it just seems too late for a sequel. In many ways. I'm worried it might harm the original's reputation. And of course that director screams flop. But hey wasn't Anne Fletcher attached at one point? Shankman seems better than Fletcher at least.... or not 'cause both are flops ultimately.

    Just wishing this is a fast shoot.
    If you could suddenly see your whole life, from start to finish....
    would you change things?

  4. #44
    an edge stupid kid who thinks he's hardcore dlong's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Posts: 7,057
    They were playing Carrie's Happy Ever After from the movie in the grocery store. Clearly the masses are ready.

  5. #45
    Leading Lady Staw Libs's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Northern VA (outside DC)
    Posts: 14,277
    I love Enchanted but I have mixed feelings about a sequel.

    Also I have to echo the "So Close" love from earlier in this thread. Controversial opinion, maybe, but that's my favorite song from the movie.

  6. #46
    Senior Member tylerleigh's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Posts: 1,694
    I also liked Carrie Underwood's Ever After. That song was lovely too.
    If you could suddenly see your whole life, from start to finish....
    would you change things?

  7. #47
    an edge stupid kid who thinks he's hardcore dlong's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Posts: 7,057
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerleigh View Post
    I also liked Carrie Underwood's Ever After. That song was lovely too.
    I was bopping in the store. When she hit that long ass note at the end I was like "damn Carrie, get it".

  8. #48
    Thread killer
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 1,656
    I'm torn. The time for sequels is within a few years of the original; I can't think of one that was successful this long after the original. OTOH, it's probably my favorite Adams performance. I prefer it to most of her nominated roles. The thing is, Adams is a gifted comedic actress - which is something quite different from being a comic a la most of your SNL alums - but comedy and Oscar rarely go hand in hand, which is why some of her best work gets ignored in favor of more Oscar-friendly films and roles. Most studio comedies these days are made for the lowest common denominator only, whereas the great grownup comedies of the 80s and earlier couldn't exist in today's Hollywood climate.

    Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Senior Member Matt-10's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Boston
    Posts: 12,900
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerleigh View Post
    I also liked Carrie Underwood's Ever After. That song was lovely too.


    I loved all the music in Enchanted. A shame the songs were nominated against "Falling Slowly" (one of the best winners ever in that category).

  10. #50
    Senior Member stage_star's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Portugal
    Posts: 1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by caliban51782 View Post
    I'm torn. The time for sequels is within a few years of the original; I can't think of one that was successful this long after the original. OTOH, it's probably my favorite Adams performance. I prefer it to most of her nominated roles. The thing is, Adams is a gifted comedic actress - which is something quite different from being a comic a la most of your SNL alums - but comedy and Oscar rarely go hand in hand, which is why some of her best work gets ignored in favor of more Oscar-friendly films and roles. Most studio comedies these days are made for the lowest common denominator only, whereas the great grownup comedies of the 80s and earlier couldn't exist in today's Hollywood climate.

    Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
    Mad Max: Fury Road (30 years)
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (19 years)
    Jurassic World (14 years)
    Finding Dory (13 years)
    Bridget Jones's Baby (12 years)
    Monsters University (12 years)
    Toy Story 3 (11 years)
    The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (11 years)
    Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (10 years; 32 since Episode VI)
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (9 years)


    And in the next years, Disenchanted (11 years) is not the only one:
    Mary Poppins Returns (54 years)
    Blade Runner 2049 (35 years)
    The Incredibles 2 (14 years)
    Indiana Jones 5 (11 years)
    Toy Story 4 (9 years)
    - Silence is nothing.

    - It's the absence of noise.

  11. #51
    Thread killer
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 1,656
    I'll give you the animated ones. In the case of Crystal Skull, perhaps I should have clarified: critically successful.

    Weren't there other Mad Max movies after the original? Would Fury Road be considered a sequel or a reboot? I maintain there's a difference.

    Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    Christmas Time, You're So Fine! Bean's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Posts: 10,163
    The original has some creaky narrative bits, but it's a pretty thorough delight. Hope they don't mess up the sequel.

  13. #53
    Zenshin ga itain desu Orlean's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: where the streets have no name
    Posts: 3,833
    I don't know why there's somehow a need of a sequel for this (although the question of "need" in Hollywood is ).
    The songs were nice to great and the ending was perfect.

    Why did Giselle have that fish in her mouth btw?
    I didn't get that joke? Even with the LM music in the background....
    You came from nothing, you'll go back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!



    Love is old, love is new,
    love is all, love is you

  14. #54
    Senior Member EOLB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Location: Portugal
    Posts: 2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlean View Post
    Why did Giselle have that fish in her mouth btw?
    I didn't get that joke? Even with the LM music in the background....
    She was drinking water from the fish tank.


  15. #55
    Senior Member stage_star's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Portugal
    Posts: 1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by caliban51782 View Post
    I'll give you the animated ones. In the case of Crystal Skull, perhaps I should have clarified: critically successful.

    Weren't there other Mad Max movies after the original? Would Fury Road be considered a sequel or a reboot? I maintain there's a difference.

    Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk
    Crystal Skull managed to get 77 on RT, so hardly a critical failure. And I think Fury Road is also considered a sequel.

    However, Bridget Jones is probably the closest case (non action/animated franchise with a single female lead). And that was a hit. The difference being that Adams is at the peak of her career and Renee...was not.
    - Silence is nothing.

    - It's the absence of noise.

  16. #56
    Thread killer
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: Michigan
    Posts: 1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by stage_star View Post
    Crystal Skull managed to get 77 on RT, so hardly a critical failure. And I think Fury Road is also considered a sequel.

    However, Bridget Jones is probably the closest case (non action/animated franchise with a single female lead). And that was a hit. The difference being that Adams is at the peak of her career and Renee...was not.
    Crystal Skull got that high a score?! Surprised.

    Point being that most belated sequels, at least those that don't recast, come with a sense of fatigue. It's like why this, why now?

    I would like Disenchanted to be good, but there are a lot of reasons it could fail.

    Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •