God Bless America
    Tomorrow Never Came

WTF is wrong with you?
    RIVETTE, TOUJOURS

I'm obsessed with Tomorrow Never Came atm

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_storm View Post
    I'm obsessed with Tomorrow Never Came atm
    Me too. I love the references to The Boxer, the li li li's in this duet and the one with Stevie. Lana loves her l's.

Also, when Stevie Nicks starts singing blue is the color...., my gay Stevie stan heart skips a beat and I scream inside.

Oh god yes, her trembling voice on that line is just... ugh. I never would have thought of that pairing and now it's hard to imagine the album without it.

Maggie Smith Black Mambazo Eduardo Zuckerberg's Avatar
    Tomorrow Never Came also sounds oddly like Something to me. Is it just me?

At first listen I really wasn't vibing the second half of the album but I've been listening to it this whole week. I'm basically obsessed. I think this is my second favourite album just after Ultraviolence. And it has room to rise!
    Three Billboards Fantasy League Presents

TEAM EDUARDO ZUCKERBERG

CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
    TIMOTHÉE CHALAMET · ARMIE HAMMER

BPM · Foxtrot · Jordan Peele, Get Out (Director) · Denis Villeneuve, Blade Runner 2049 (Director) · Richard Jenkins, The Shape of Water · Hong Chau, Downsizing
    Jessica Chastain, Molly's Game · Lesley Manville, Phantom Thread · Emily V. Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani, The Big Sick (Screenplay) · Steven Rogers, I, Tonya (Screenplay)
    Sayombhu Mukdeeprom, Call Me by Your Name (Cinematography) · Lee Smith, Dunkirk (Film Editing) · Sufjan Stevens - "Mystery of Love", Call Me by Your Name (Original Song)

based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire DeltaEst1903's Avatar
    I'm not as enamored with this album as the rest of you, because imho I doubt she will ever reach the highest of high that was Video Games ever again . That said this is her most mature work to date. The production, like most of Lana's stuff is good-great. Like, God Bless America is so wacky, so Lana that I love it. Even the 'take off, take off' hook in Lust for Life as ridiculous as it is, it's so catchy that I can't even, and same with Cherry and all its fruit innuendos and "bitch!" LOL. I loved those vocal shifts and that weird uh uh uh in When the World was at War. Love is still zzzzz.

Still though she still has the problem of sounding same-y overall, and that made for a really trying listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Zuckerberg View Post
    Tomorrow Never Came also sounds oddly like Something to me. Is it just me?
    Yes. I thought it sounds more George Harrison inspired than Lennon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaEst1903 View Post
    Still though she still has the problem of sounding same-y overall, and that made for a really trying listen.
    I like it better on shuffle tbh.

God... this album. It has become my favorite of the year.

All the songs have clicked for me. I mean, White Mustang, Cherry, Heroin are all so stunning and poetic. There is so much to unpack in this album, a huge part due to its length, so there is so much to go back and discover and unwrap each time. I don't get tired of it (except Coachella...).

I can't even attempt to rank her albums as I have been in such a Lana mood where I just have been listening to all her work and I love all of it. Surprisingly, the one I have revisited the least is Ultraviolence, since I typically would consider her my favorite of hers, but I don't know. I don't know. UV probably has the best deluxe tracks, though. Lana is simply the gift that keeps on giving. And I would like to meet her just to thank her for her music, lol. Also I had forgotten how gorgeous American is?

Be young, be dope, be proud, like an American....

American remains in my top 3 Lana songs along with Million Dollar Man and now Tomorrow Never Came.

Quote Originally Posted by electric_storm View Post
    American remains in my top 3 Lana songs along with Million Dollar Man and now Tomorrow Never Came.

This stands with Lorde and Kendrick as the only three truly "wow" albums of the year, imo. This is the only one of the three I'm still working through, though, as there is a lot here and I don't like moving on from a song until I'm done with it... current obsession is easily Cherry.
    AW Fantasy - The Post league

Team #badhombres2 - the hombres strike back

The Florida Project (S. Actor), Call Me By Your Name (Screenplay, Song), Phantom Thread (Picture, Director, Actor), Blade Runner 2049 (Picture, Cinematography), The Post (Screenplay), The Shape of Water (S. Actress), Logan (Actor), Mudbound (Film, Director), Wonderstruck (Cinematography), Girls Trip (S. Actress), Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri (S. Actor)

I love Lust for Life. It's in my top 2 favorite Lana albums along with Born to Die. There's an artistic growth but familiarity to it that I dig so much. Get Free, God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It, In My Feelings, Summer Bummer, Tomorrow Never Came, and When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing are my favorite songs from it at the top of my head.