Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031

Thread: Random Music Thoughts XLVIII: Brand New!

St. Vincent's album is just everything. I loved her so so much before this and I love her even more now.

What a fucking masterpiece!

Masseduction is stunning.

Dancing with a Ghost should not be a stand-alone track, probably my only complaint.

Well, Sugarboy just left me bald.

H-town vicious
    The previous stuff from St. Vincent left me kinda cold. It’s not like I didn’t like it, it’s just that I didn’t really connect with it.

Should I still be downloading her new album or is it something only her fans can fully embrace?

based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire DeltaEst1903's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardys View Post
    The previous stuff from St. Vincent left me kinda cold. It’s not like I didn’t like it, it’s just that I didn’t really connect with it.

Should I still be downloading her new album or is it something only her fans can fully embrace?
    Hardys, dear, download it and IMMERSE yourself in it ASAP. (Don’t worry, I was cold on “St. Vincent” too)

The previous stuff from St. Vincent left me kinda cold. Itís not like I didnít like it, itís just that I didnít really connect with it.

Depends on what you didnít fully connect with. The production is perhaps a bit softer and the lyrical content is entirely personal. The second half is ballad-heavy (and heartbreaking).

God, "Happy Birthday Johnny" wrecks me.

This is probably her most accessible work yet. Do give it a try.

You really don't need an intro to St. Vincent to appreciate this album.

Pronoun(s): She/Her
    The previous stuff from St. Vincent left me kinda cold. Itís not like I didnít like it, itís just that I didnít really connect with it.

I was the same: definitely appreciative of her past works, but never obsessing over them.

Download MASSEDUCTION immediately.

Pronoun(s): RooneHe/SaoirHis
    omg why did I choose to listen to the Pink album ( it's fucking boring ) before St. Legend's this morning? All this praise has me fucking wet. I need to leave work and go for a listen right now so I can join the party.
    representing
    CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
    BLADE RUNNER 2049 ē PHANTOM THREAD
    Greta Gerwig ē Sofia Coppola
    Frances McDormand ē Laurie Metcalf ē Armie Hammer ē Daniel Kaluuya ē Annette Bening ē Tom Hanks
    The Shape of Water (Screenplay) ē Dunkirk (Film Editing & Score) ē Blade Runner 2049 (Visual Effects) ē Wonderstruck (Screenplay)

COUNT YOUR WIGS BEFORE THEY'RE SNATCHED

I listened to Pinkís album right after St. Vincent and it was a poor choice because itís just so obviously weaker creatively. Iím sure it will grow on me as all of her albums did but damn, was that a step down

Please continue here.
    Basic by nature.