Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4044454647484950

Thread: Survivor: ugHHH vs. bleHHH vs. meHHH

This was bullshit!!!

I finally watched the finale last night and I'm angry. We know production has a tendency to push things in certain directions, and we've seen excessive hidden idols beofre. But to actually completely change the last elimination of the game, thereby stripping the woman who won final immunity of her power(and calling it giving her and advantage is fucking bullshit!) is disgusting.

For years, we have had to put up with Jeff's adoration of alpha males and their challenge focus. And now we have an older woman(by Survivor standards) dominate in challenges, play a social game, play a strategic game and we get this "twist"? And we're not even allowed to be angry about it because of the eventual winner's background. Everyone has to just smile and cheer him on.

Why do I still watch this garbage? That was just terrible. Ben is without a doubt the worst winner ever, and it isn't close. I don't mind strategic dolts like Mike or Fabio going on an immunity tear. At least they're actively keeping themselves in the game. Ben had it given to him and it was gross and if I were Devon or Chrissy I'd give very serious thought to suing CBS.

Pronoun(s): Her?
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsOFury View Post
    Why do I still watch this garbage? That was just terrible. Ben is without a doubt the worst winner ever, and it isn't close. I don't mind strategic dolts like Mike or Fabio going on an immunity tear. At least they're actively keeping themselves in the game. Ben had it given to him and it was gross and if I were Devon or Chrissy I'd give very serious thought to suing CBS.
    I mean, as infuriating as the fire-making twist was, no one would have any ground to stand on for a lawsuit. They sign ironclad contracts which basically dictate that CBS and the show are allowed to do whatever the hell they want.

This made me sad, though. I hope Robbed! Kween! Chrissy and Robbed! King! Devon come back.

In the Versace days of 1950s London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock is at the center of English ho wear. Bitches come and go through Reynold’s life, providing the confirmed player with inspiration and pussy to spare, until the day he meets a spicy, strong-willed shorty, Alma, who indubitably becomes his main bitch. Then tragedy strikes when Reynolds is involved in a horrible gardening accident and loses his motor skills, rendering him useless to the dress game. Only then does he realize the depth of his love for Alma. Yo, but is it too late?

Every day I worry all day The Sapient's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Ryno from Pearl Islands is defending the fire-making challenge.

I mean, the problem is not the idea of a fire making challenge. It is that the "twist" make it so that strategy and overall game play don't matter as much. The endless work of maintaining relationships that can survive eventual betrayal is completely trumped by an hour here or there of searching for idols and some random "twist" at the end. I don't know if the unlimited idols and the fire-making challenges were specifically set up to help Ben or if that had all been planned before the game started, but it just takes all the fun and interest out of it.

I'm not as worked up as some over this, just because I really didn't care about any of the final 4.

Pronoun(s): Her?
    Probst has to know by now that most of the Survivor community hated what happened. Even Survivor alum have been speaking out against it. I'm pretty confident that the F4 twist will be dropped for the fall 2018 season (since Ghost Island already filmed and it's too late to change it).
    In the Versace days of 1950s London, renowned dressmaker Reynolds Woodcock is at the center of English ho wear. Bitches come and go through Reynold’s life, providing the confirmed player with inspiration and pussy to spare, until the day he meets a spicy, strong-willed shorty, Alma, who indubitably becomes his main bitch. Then tragedy strikes when Reynolds is involved in a horrible gardening accident and loses his motor skills, rendering him useless to the dress game. Only then does he realize the depth of his love for Alma. Yo, but is it too late?

It's kind of a really nice day makemeameteor's Avatar
    I was going to binge watch this season over the break but I just got spoiled on how it ended and what the fuck show. Did they decide that Cirie’s exit in Game Changers wasn’t awful enough?

So glad to have read this thread before trying to give this season a go. I will just skip past this.

Pronoun(s): He / Him
    The cast for Survivor: Ghost Island has been officially revealed: http://ew.com/tv/survivor-ghost-isla...t-of-season-36

Pronoun(s): Jake
    Oh hai Michael.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
    My hero is Shailene Woodley because she uses her platform to make a difference. Her participation in Standing Rock protests is inspiring. I'd say my daily hopes and dreams are inspired by all of the unique creatures, cultures, and nature that surrounds us on this planet.
    same

I'm right on top of that, Rose! jb's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): Bitch
    I called Michael ages ago.

He's winning.

(Chris isn't bad, either.)

Such a pretty monolith... Aaron Leggo's Avatar
    Michael is only 18?! That's far and away the youngest Survivor contestant yet, right?

Also, Sebastian is working hard to get in touch with his inner Ozzy.

I'm right on top of that, Rose! jb's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Leggo View Post
    Michael is only 18?! That's far and away the youngest Survivor contestant yet, right?
    Spencer Duhm(ass) was 18 too.

Pronoun(s): Him
    Will from Millennials vs. Gen X, who was also 18 and still a high school student.

Also, I guess new thread time.

Another Day, Another Slay-dy Bird

Such a pretty monolith... Aaron Leggo's Avatar
    Ah, very good! Thanks!

My memory has grown blurry when it comes to Survivor!