User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

Thread: Mr. Robot is Freddie Mercury: The BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    How true is this?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    How true is this?

So this is not true then? I was reading on a Queen forum a few days ago that this movie will end around the time of the 1985 Live Aid performance, and since itís believed that he was diagnosed in April 1987, that would would mean the film doesnít cover it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben7 View Post
    So this is not true then? I was reading on a Queen forum a few days ago that this movie will end around the time of the 1985 Live Aid performance, and since it’s believed that he was diagnosed in April 1987, that would would mean the film doesn’t cover it at all.
    It’s not true. It does end with the Live Aid performance, but he was diagnosed before that in the film.

Pronoun(s): Both
    Mercury had his blood tested for AIDS In 1986.
    Last edited by Nora; 05-25-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    Pressure on People... People on Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Nora View Post
    Mercury had his blood tested for AIDS In 1986.
    'In the film'.

The Ben Lyons of AW Sara Allorn's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): She/Her
    The misinformation around this movie, despite 2 test screenings, is crazy

Where were you when Princess BKLYNN slayed the AWCCCS ?

Pronoun(s): Both
    Quote Originally Posted by troote View Post
    'In the film'.
    Of course, honey! I wasn't arguing... just adding some facts.
    Pressure on People... People on Streets

It's so frustrating how many people are "vowing to not watch the film" or complaining about it just from the teaser (a 90 second video not even a full trailer) because they are convinced it will be "straighwashed" and ignore his sexuality, just because his relationship with Mary Austin is displayed. I've seen countless headlines and complaints, it's overwhelming how easily people can jump to conclusions.

I don't think those people were looking close enough or doing research because they do in fact briefly show him with a man in the trailer and shots of gay clubs. His boyfriend Jim Hutton and various other male lovers are also cast in the film. The film of course must have Mary Austin, she was an incredibly important person in Freddie's life and they were lifelong friends even after Freddie told her about his sexuality and relationships with men, ending their romance. Tbh, if she wasn't a large part of the film it would be misinterpreting his life. I expect his period of coming to terms with his sexuality and telling Mary to be a part of film.

Besides, this movie is meant to be a celebration of Queen's music and their legacy, not a deep analysis of Freddie's sex life. It's honestly about time for a biopic on a huge famous figure that focuses more on what that person was truly known for more rather than their personal lives.
    Last edited by amoryfield; 05-25-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amoryfield View Post
    It's so frustrating how many people are "vowing to not watch the film" or complaining about it just from the teaser (a 90 second video not even a full trailer) because they are convinced it will be "straighwashed" and ignore his sexuality, just because his relationship with Mary Austin is displayed. I've seen countless headlines and complaints, it's overwhelming how easily people can jump to conclusions.

I don't think those people were looking close enough or doing research because they do in fact briefly show him with a man in the trailer and shots of gay clubs. His boyfriend Jim Hutton and various other male lovers are also cast in the film. The film of course must have Mary Austin, she was an incredibly important person in Freddie's life and they were lifelong friends even after Freddie told her about his sexuality and relationships with men, ending their romance. Tbh, if she wasn't a large part of the film it would be misinterpreting his life. I expect his period of coming to terms with his sexuality and telling Mary to be a part of film.

Besides, this movie is meant to be a celebration of Queen's music and their legacy, not a deep analysis of Freddie's sex life. It's honestly about time for a biopic on a huge famous figure that focuses more on what that person was truly known for more rather than their personal lives.

Twitter strikes again smh. I know and they haven't even released the actual trailer yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Allorn View Post
    The misinformation around this movie, despite 2 test screenings, is crazy
    I agree, it's pretty ridiculous how people are reacting to it and blowing up misinformation. But could you tell me exactly what were some details/information to come from test screenings? I've only heard a couple reactions, but they were all good!

Wait a minute... Freddie dated Mary Austin for years, she's the only one who knows the whereabouts of his remains (allegedly), and he left her a vast majority of his wealth and royalties. Yet people are frustrated because the movie gives extra focus to their relationship? I'm sorry for what I'm about to say and I hope I don't offend anyone, but sometimes gay people just don't know how to choose their fights. This supposed controversy is ridiculous. Obviously the movie can't just pretend he was straight. The audience isn't dumb and everyone and their mothers know about Freddie's sexuality. But that doesn't erase Mary Austin from his story.
    Coming soon

On Gay.B.O

I mean, sometimes this twitter rage is like a hunting ground of dogs without knowning facts. Even if Freddie Mercury's sexuality is a key aspect of his own life, they can't erase or borrow Mary Austin. She was one of the most important people in Freddie's life and beyond ending as a romantic couple, their relationship is essential, considering Mary was there with him.
    THREE GODDESS BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI
    "See what happens when Nomi Malone came to Ebbing and meets Mildred Hayes. Double riots in town"
    Director: Erik Anderson
    Writer: Jeff Beachnau
    Starring 2-times Oscar winner Frances McDormand and Razzie Redemeer Winner Elizabeth Berkley.

Quote Originally Posted by amoryfield View Post
    Sorry, but a movie about the story of Queen that didn't address Freddie's sexuality would be ridiculous. (I get that this movie does address his sexuality, but you seem to be arguing that it would be fine if it didn't.) He was the star of the band, and his queerness was a major part of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by stage_star View Post
    Wait a minute... Freddie dated Mary Austin for years, she's the only one who knows the whereabouts of his remains (allegedly), and he left her a vast majority of his wealth and royalties. Yet people are frustrated because the movie gives extra focus to their relationship? I'm sorry for what I'm about to say and I hope I don't offend anyone, but sometimes gay people just don't know how to choose their fights. This supposed controversy is ridiculous. Obviously the movie can't just pretend he was straight. The audience isn't dumb and everyone and their mothers know about Freddie's sexuality. But that doesn't erase Mary Austin from his story.
    I don't think many people are saying "How dare this movie include Mary Austin!" People seem to be responding to false rumors that the movie depicts him as completely straight.

Obviously these people are jumping the gun, and should wait until they get the actual facts. But their anger would be justified if these rumors were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva The God Of Death View Post
    Sorry, but a movie about the story of Queen that didn't address Freddie's sexuality would be ridiculous. (I get that this movie does address his sexuality, but you seem to be arguing that it would be fine if it didn't.) He was the star of the band, and his queerness was a major part of his life.
    No! If it didn't address his sexuality I would be very angry as well, but it just shouldn't be the main focus of the movie when the music is.
    Last edited by amoryfield; 05-26-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva The God Of Death View Post

I don't think many people are saying "How dare this movie include Mary Austin!" People seem to be responding to false rumors that the movie depicts him as completely straight.

Obviously these people are jumping the gun, and should wait until they get the actual facts. But their anger would be justified if these rumors were true.
    They’re not responding to rumours, they’re creating them. Based off of a teaser that hardly showed anything. Despite the fact that the rumours have been debunked by multiple people who’ve seen the film. Twitter seems to be looking for something to be outraged about at this point. It is really quite baffling to see how many people jumped to these conclusions with so little to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by stage_star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    I mean, sometimes this twitter rage is like a hunting ground of dogs without knowning facts. Even if Freddie Mercury's sexuality is a key aspect of his own life, they can't erase or borrow Mary Austin. She was one of the most important people in Freddie's life and beyond ending as a romantic couple, their relationship is essential, considering Mary was there with him.
    This I'm so tired about twitter outrages. Less internet and more real life wouldn't be a bad idea for some people