Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296973747576777879
Results 1,561 to 1,567 of 1567

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Thread, continued: Goddamn.

Maybe Rose just "can't take a breath". Not only did this happen to her but also years and years of this being keep a secret in spite of her talking about it. And then there was that horrific car accident. I can't criticize her for anything she does anyone would have trouble gathering their thoughts and acting in reasonable way after what she has been through.

Quote Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
    Maybe Rose just "can't take a breath". Not only did this happen to her but also years and years of this being keep a secret in spite of her talking about it. And then there was that horrific car accident. I can't criticize her for anything she does anyone would have trouble gathering their thoughts and acting in reasonable way after what she has been through.
    She can take a breath. She's made it about her. Yes, she suffered, and yes she was made to take a payout. I understand the shame, the guilt, the blow to self confidence and self esteem. But she's not helping the situation, she's feeding the crazy woman narrative by piling on the men, and taking on the mantle Rose's army for this. It's not Rose's army. None of the other women are making it about them. They are telling their stories in hopes that more will come forward and also to quiet their own demons of shame.

There are no winners in this scandal except for the women who can gain a bit of their dignity back. when you're raped you lose a piece of your soul. Anyone who has ever been attacked knows this. But this woman is making it solely about her. That's not fair to the rest of the women imo.

Pronoun(s): This, That, or the Other
    Lordy, Protheus. You could just read what Damon said on the matter. Harvey misled him...

No, I just remember it being a negative piece, a hit job on Fabrizio, was what Harvey was saying. Basically, that he had no professional experience. Harvey said, you worked with him. Can you tell her that he was a professional and you had a good experience, and that was it. I didnít mind doing it, because that was all true.
    He also stated that they (people in the industry) vouch for each other all the time. It's a small thing, and nobody really thinks that they have any reason to go digging. Damon (and Crowe) had no reason to believe it wasn't like every other situation where they had to vouch for someone.

Hates Keinohrhasen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylaughsalot View Post
    These kind of comments are exactly why people get discouraged to talk in the first place. If this is what you truly believe " the natural order of things" then we are clearly not on the same page. But if this is coming from someone who is in any way against abuse of power, it's extremely disappointing for me. Means one less person willing to stand up.
    I was being very sarcastic.
    Life's too short not to

Quote Originally Posted by rocmindu View Post
    She can take a breath. She's made it about her. Yes, she suffered, and yes she was made to take a payout. I understand the shame, the guilt, the blow to self confidence and self esteem. But she's not helping the situation, she's feeding the crazy woman narrative by piling on the men, and taking on the mantle Rose's army for this. It's not Rose's army. None of the other women are making it about them. They are telling their stories in hopes that more will come forward and also to quiet their own demons of shame.

There are no winners in this scandal except for the women who can gain a bit of their dignity back. when you're raped you lose a piece of your soul. Anyone who has ever been attacked knows this. But this woman is making it solely about her. That's not fair to the rest of the women imo.
    Also, you've shared your story here so, I know you understand. I don't mean or want to come off as judgemental. I just want as many people to get what they need out of this. But the more she does, the more of a spectacle this becomes and I don't want that for any of the women who've kept the shame and guilt locked within themselves for the past twenty years or so

So, this thread is getting out of control. Since we're due for a new thread anyway, I'm gonna just lock this thread, and a moderator will create a new one in a few hours when everyone has calmed the hell down, or if there's a significant new development regarding Harvey or The Weinstein Company that actually merits discussion. We'll also probably be readjusting our rules on how to go about these topics as they continue to exit Harvey's orbit. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE A MODERATOR, ANY NON-MOD THAT TRIES CREATING A NEW THREAD WILL GET A TWO-DAY BAN.

Just want to update that it looks like Variety will be bringing some new information to the table about Harvey and other allegations sometime in the next 24 hours; when that happens, we will probably open a new thread(s?).