User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emmy Nominee Carrie Coon stars in season 2 of The Sinner

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Poet View Post
    Won't this be in Drama, considering Bill Pullman is returning and playing the same character as he did in the first season?
    Hmm. I didn't think about that. But it's also a one season arc, and shows like AHS are limited series even if they bring back the same actor? I still think it can be submitted for limited series.
    QUEENS OF ART ACTING CINEMA AND MUSIC

Naomi Watts
    St. Vincent // Carrie Coon // Mitski // Julianne Moore // Kate Bush // Michelle Pfeiffer // Janelle Monáe // Amy Adams // Beyoncé // Audrey Hepburn //
    Charli XCX // Sally Hawkins // Robyn // David Lynch // Madeline Kahn // Alfred Hitchcock

The Most Important Thing: Love The Dark Poet's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): Varda
    Quote Originally Posted by WattsCoonBlanch View Post
    Hmm. I didn't think about that. But it's also a one season arc, and shows like AHS are limited series even if they bring back the same actor? I still think it can be submitted for limited series.
    Yes, but those are different stories with different characters, and when they do bring back the same character, it's usually in a later season AND they're not the lead. In this case, Pullman is returning as the same character in the lead role
    CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME THAT OSCAR?

Yes, but those are different stories with different characters, and when they do bring back the same character, it's usually in a later season AND they're not the lead. In this case, Pullman is returning as the same character in the lead role
    I know. Well, it would suck if they have to submit for Drama Series/Lead Actress in a Drama Series, they won't stand a chance at winning anything there. I'm not even confident they would get any nominations.

Naomi Watts
    St. Vincent // Carrie Coon // Mitski // Julianne Moore // Kate Bush // Michelle Pfeiffer // Janelle Monáe // Amy Adams // Beyoncé // Audrey Hepburn //
    Charli XCX // Sally Hawkins // Robyn // David Lynch // Madeline Kahn // Alfred Hitchcock

Pronoun(s): He/Him/His
    I believe some actors have played the same characters in different seasons of 'American Horror Story' too. For example, Gabourey Sidibe in 'American Horror Story: Coven' and 'American Horror Story: Hotel'.

Blunt Force

A Waltz for a Night Dweller On Threshold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EOLB View Post
    I believe some actors have played the same characters in different seasons of 'American Horror Story' too. For example, Gabourey Sidibe in 'American Horror Story: Coven' and 'American Horror Story: Hotel'.
    Lily Rabe was there, too! But in case of Pullman it could go different.

The Most Important Thing: Love The Dark Poet's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): Varda
    Quote Originally Posted by EOLB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dweller On Threshold View Post
    Lily Rabe was there, too! But in case of Pullman it could go different.
    Sidibe had a cameo in Hotel. In this, Pullman is the main character

Also, AHS was one of the shows that started the Limited Series/Drama Series issue, and considering Hotel was Season 5, it would be odd if they suddenly started putting in in Drama Series
    CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME THAT OSCAR?

What about S2 of Top of the Lake. Same situation as this show, but it was eligible for miniseries categories. I need an explanation!

Pronoun(s): He/Him/His
    Quote Originally Posted by czeslawthepolack View Post
    What about S2 of Top of the Lake. Same situation as this show, but it was eligible for miniseries categories. I need an explanation!
    Oh, good point!

Blunt Force

The promo says a limited series event tho

The globes voter who saw Widows said she liked Carrie in it and that she's killing in The Sinner s02 Hope they'll finally nominate her after snubbing her for The Leftovers and Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by stugohiglitz View Post
    The globes voter who saw Widows said she liked Carrie in it and that she's killing in The Sinner s02 Hope they'll finally nominate her after snubbing her for The Leftovers and Fargo
    She was actually nominated for Fargo! That category was so stacked though so she never stood a chance.

The Leftovers snub is unforgivable, however.

Naomi Watts

Quote Originally Posted by WattsCoonBlanch View Post
    She was actually nominated for Fargo! That category was so stacked though so she never stood a chance.

The Leftovers snub is unforgivable, however.
    I was actually referring to the Globes here, I dont think they nominated her for Fargo or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Odette View Post

Such a great read! Learned so much about her that I didn't know before (her skin picking problem, her pregnancy troubles). What a brilliant and brave woman.

Naomi Watts