User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please Select 5 Nominees

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cate Blanchett - Where’d You Go, Bernadette

    45 22.50%
  • Emily Blunt - Mary Poppins Returns

    23 11.50%
  • Emily Blunt - A Quiet Place

    3 1.50%
  • Jessica Chastain - Woman Walks Ahead

    3 1.50%
  • Glenn Close - The Wife

    46 23.00%
  • Toni Collette - Hereditary

    100 50.00%
  • Penelope Cruz - Everybody Knows

    2 1.00%
  • Viola Davis - Widows

    139 69.50%
  • Elizabeth Debicki - Vita and Virginia

    5 2.50%
  • Judi Dench - Red Joan

    3 1.50%
  • Elsie Fisher - Eighth Grade

    0 0%
  • Claire Foy - The Girl in the Spider’s Web

    2 1.00%
  • Lady Gaga - A Star is Born

    75 37.50%
  • Maggie Gyllenhaal - The Kindergarten Teacher

    1 0.50%
  • Kathryn Hahn - Private Life

    0 0%
  • Isabelle Huppert - The Widow

    6 3.00%
  • Poorna Jagannathan - Share

    2 1.00%
  • Rhianne Gabriel - Share

    1 0.50%
  • Juli Jakab - Sunset

    0 0%
  • Dakota Johnson - Suspiria

    5 2.50%
  • Felicity Jones - On the Basis of Sex

    73 36.50%
  • Nicole Kidman - Destroyer

    67 33.50%
  • Keira Knightley - The Aftermath

    1 0.50%
  • Keira Knightley - Colette

    9 4.50%
  • Kiki Layne - If Beale Street Could Talk

    10 5.00%
  • Danielle Macdonald - Dumplin’

    0 0%
  • Kelly Macdonald - Puzzle

    0 0%
  • Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me?

    97 48.50%
  • Thomasin Harcourt McKenzie - Leave No Trace

    0 0%
  • Tommie Lynn Milazzo - Wendy

    0 0%
  • Julianne Moore - Gloria

    9 4.50%
  • Chloe Grace Moretz - The Miseducation of Cameron Post

    0 0%
  • Carey Mulligan - Wildlife

    8 4.00%
  • Michelle Pfeiffer - Where is Kyra?

    2 1.00%
  • Rosamund Pike - A Private War

    1 0.50%
  • Florence Pugh - Fighting With My Family

    0 0%
  • Gugu Mbatha-Raw - Fast Color

    2 1.00%
  • Gina Rodriguez - Miss Bala

    3 1.50%
  • Saoirse Ronan - Mary Queen of Scots

    104 52.00%
  • Saoirse Ronan - On Chesil Beach

    3 1.50%
  • Kristen Stewart - JT Leroy

    6 3.00%
  • Emma Stone - The Favourite

    12 6.00%
  • Hilary Swank - What They Had

    0 0%
  • Charlize Theron - Tully

    5 2.50%
  • Emma Thompson - The Children Act

    2 1.00%
  • Rachel Weisz - Disobedience

    5 2.50%
  • Rachel Wesiz - The Favourite

    41 20.50%
  • Mary Elizabeth Winstead - All About Nina

    2 1.00%
  • Constance Wu - Crazy Rich Asians

    7 3.50%
  • Renee Zellweger - Judy

    12 6.00%
  • Other

    3 1.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 283233343536373839404142434448 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1242

Thread: Actress in a Leading Role: June 2018

  1. #741
    Senior Member F&lipe's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2018
    Location: Brazil
    Posts: 358
    Quote Originally Posted by EOLB View Post
    Because her performance was the best in that category (sorry, Lesley), but...

    Totally


  2. #742
    Senior Member Mike Aiello's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Posts: 7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonedroid7 View Post
    I think the change has been more of an openness to film genres that were once viewed unworthy of consideration, rather than an improvement in the Academy's general taste Showy, loud performances are and will continue to be highly favored. The difference now is they are ready to look for them in films beside your typical prestigious fare.
    Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Then, yes, I can agree to that. I was hoping with a newer, more diverse body Gary Oldman-type wins would be fewer and far between but alas....I guess we'll see what happens this year. Hoping to see less "King's Speech"-esque type sweeps and wins and more "Get Out" type wins.

  3. #743
    Senior Member Kostas's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Posts: 34,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aiello View Post
    Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Then, yes, I can agree to that. I was hoping with a newer, more diverse body Gary Oldman-type wins would be fewer and far between but alas....I guess we'll see what happens this year. Hoping to see less "King's Speech"-esque type sweeps and wins and more "Get Out" type wins.
    At least they are more open with the nomination process rewarding passion over consensus. But yep, the winners still keep the consensus choice and that part is reducing the taste level

  4. #744
    Senior Member tyjagi's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Posts: 18,801
    Felicity Jones, On the Basis
    Nicole Kidman, Destroyer
    Viola Davis, Widows
    Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me
    Toni Collette, Hereditary
    -------------
    ALT:
    6. Rachel Weisz, The Favourite
    7. Saoirse Ronan, Queen of Scots
    8. Lady Gaga, Star is Born
    9. Emily Blunt, Mary Poppins
    10. Glenn Close, The Wife

    DARK HORSES:
    Someone from Share

  5. #745
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: London
    Posts: 365
    I have a feeling about Kidman this year. The Kidmanaissance Just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and the buzz for season 2 of BLL will be massive around the voting period, she'll campaign her ass off AND she's got another shot in supporting. #2 is coming.

  6. #746
    Senior Member CitizenKian's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2017
    Location: Oscarlandia
    Posts: 791
    Quote Originally Posted by dadom88 View Post
    I have a feeling about Kidman this year. The Kidmanaissance Just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and the buzz for season 2 of BLL will be massive around the voting period, she'll campaign her ass off AND she's got another shot in supporting. #2 is coming.
    I do, too. The lack of SAG award for a film should also help her, just like Denzel two years ago.

  7. #747
    Infatuation Junkie android's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2008
    Location: Portugal
    Posts: 4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by ElioandOliver View Post
    True. But, I meant the critics score. Although still good, has steadily lowered from 100%. I wonder where it will finish off.
    Steadily lowered from 100%? Do you read yourself? It dropped 2 points in the last week while doubling the number of reviews.
    AW Canon - 1983
    FYC - VIDEODROME

  8. #748
    Senior Member CassIAm's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Posts: 1,795
    Quote Originally Posted by dadom88 View Post
    I have a feeling about Kidman this year. The Kidmanaissance Just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and the buzz for season 2 of BLL will be massive around the voting period, she'll campaign her ass off AND she's got another shot in supporting. #2 is coming.
    this is a great point. BLL will be playing when people are voting, so if Destroyer is good and she gets nominated, there's no stopping her.

  9. #749
    Senior Member Sliced Peach's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2009
    Location: Sweden.
    Posts: 11,013
    Quote Originally Posted by CassIAm View Post
    this is a great point. BLL will be playing when people are voting, so if Destroyer is good and she gets nominated, there's no stopping her.
    What a time to be alive



    Oliver, what's good??
    Xoxo Peach

  10. #750

  11. #751
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Jun 2018
    Posts: 130
    Any news on test screening reactions for boy erased or a star is born or first man or backseat ?

  12. #752
    Senior Member Dr_Dmitri-Yuriev's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Pronoun(s): Him
    Posts: 17,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonedroid7 View Post
    I think the change has been more of an openness to film genres that were once viewed unworthy of consideration, rather than an improvement in the Academy's general taste Showy, loud performances are and will continue to be highly favored. The difference now is they are ready to look for them in films beside your typical prestigious fare.
    Hopefully they are more open to these types of films and “Get Out” wasn’t just their way of preventing Oscarsowhite 3.0.

  13. #753
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: London
    Posts: 365
    Quote Originally Posted by CassIAm View Post
    this is a great point. BLL will be playing when people are voting, so if Destroyer is good and she gets nominated, there's no stopping her.
    THIS.

    I think her hurdle will be the nomination unless the film is undeniable of course. Once she's in, good luck everyone else...

  14. #754
    Senior Member F&lipe's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2018
    Location: Brazil
    Posts: 358
    Saoirse Ronan, Mary Queen of Scots
    Nicole Kidman, Destroyer
    Viola Davis, Widows
    Toni Colette, Hereditary
    Rosamund Pike - A Private War

    Alt: Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

  15. #755
    Senior Member Iheartamyadams's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2017
    Posts: 3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by dadom88 View Post
    I have a feeling about Kidman this year. The Kidmanaissance Just seems to be getting bigger and bigger and the buzz for season 2 of BLL will be massive around the voting period, she'll campaign her ass off AND she's got another shot in supporting. #2 is coming.
    Is Destroyer expected to be a BP contender? Because that’s the only way I think a win would even be remotely possible. Oscars have never been kind to this genre, so Kidman will struggle unless the film is a massive overall player. Which I’m not ruling out, but I do find it interesting that there’s a lot of faith in her win chances despite the fact that this doesn’t seem to have a lot of traction in other categories here.
    Last edited by Iheartamyadams; 06-14-2018 at 10:32 AM.

  16. #756
    If you want my future, forget my past Orlean's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: somewhere over the rainbow
    Pronoun(s): Lyrem Peerts
    Posts: 4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aiello View Post
    Ah, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Then, yes, I can agree to that. I was hoping with a newer, more diverse body Gary Oldman-type wins would be fewer and far between but alas....I guess we'll see what happens this year. Hoping to see less "King's Speech"-esque type sweeps and wins and more "Get Out" type wins.
    I think Gary Oldman was/is also quite respected by "Young" voters, too.
    You came from nothing, you'll go back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!



    If darkness blinds you, I will shine to guide you

  17. #757
    Senior Member Bee's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Location: Portmania
    Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Posts: 2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartamyadams View Post
    Is Destroyer expected to be a BP contender? Because that’s the only way I think a win would even be remotely possible. Oscars have never been kind to this genre, so Kidman will struggle unless the film is a massive overall player. Which I’m not ruling out, but I do find it interesting that there’s a lot of faith in her win chances despite the fact that this doesn’t seem to have a lot of traction in other categories here.
    Tyjagi said she had a great role and AW stans Nicole like no other so it's not surprising.


    Hey Auntie...

  18. #758
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    Tyjagi said she had a great role and AW stans Nicole like no other so it's not surprising.
    (Also, the details of Annapurna's acquisition + Bernadette's delay + Beale's test screening reports = perfect storm)

  19. #759
    Senior Member Michael555's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Posts: 890
    1. Glenn Close, The Wife
    2. Nicole Kidman, Destroyer
    3. Saorise Ronan, Mary Queen of Scots
    4. Viola Davis, Widows
    5. Lady Gaga, A Star is Born

    Glenn may not win but she definitely has the narrative. If not Close then it's either Ronan or Kidman.
    Ya'll look gorgina by the way! - Nabu

  20. #760
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Posts: 9,048
    The director just gives me pause for Destroyer tbh..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •