Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geena Davis

61 52.14%
  • Susan Sarandon

56 47.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Double Nominee Match Up Poll Series #2: Thelma & Louise

Davis was a bit better than Sarandon. But Jodie Foster deserved the Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by erikdean View Post
    I'll be so sad if Davis loses this, she should have won the Oscar. Both her and Sarandon are fantastic but Davis is next-level. Her Thelma has one of the best arcs for a female character of the 20th century. I think she and the role are that good. Her emotional, physical and sexual transformation through freedom is palpable minute to minute. It's one of my favorite performances of all time.

Gurl? Thelma & Louise is almost a masterpiece and both performances were incredible.

But they ain't no match for Jodie! Shame on you, erikdean.

One of my favorite movies ever both ladies are extremely deserving but Thelma has my heart

Geena Davis although it is difficult. Realiscally my fav leading performance in 91 was the unnominated Pfeiffer. Davis would be my runner up so I've no problem if she had won especially since I have such a problem with her actual oscar performance.

In playing the take one away and give it to someone else game. Give Geena's oscar to Sigourney and give Jodie Geena's. This would hopefully lead to a second win for Foster in Nell and the only difference to academy history would be Sigourney has a win and Jessica has one.

Quote Originally Posted by eoindaly2k11 View Post
    Geena Davis although it is difficult. Realiscally my fav leading performance in 91 was the unnominated Pfeiffer. Davis would be my runner up so I've no problem if she had won especially since I have such a problem with her actual oscar performance.

In playing the take one away and give it to someone else game. Give Geena's oscar to Sigourney and give Jodie Geena's. This would hopefully lead to a second win for Foster in Nell and the only difference to academy history would be Sigourney has a win and Jessica has one.
    I love Nell but you would give it to her over LAFCA winner Jessica Lange?

Why are you all fucking with the few Oscars the Academy got right!

God, this is really cruel but voted for Davis.

This is much more difficult than I thought. These two are perfectly cast in the film. I love both actresses and their performances here. if forced to pick one, I have to go with Davis. She is so close taking over Foster as my best actress winner this year. Sexy and vulnerable, gaining full strength near the end of the film. This is probably my favorite duo female leads all time after Autumn Sonata.
    Last edited by Naruse; 07-25-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Geena keeps on winning

Pronoun(s): It
    Geena keeps on coasting on Susie's bad political reputation of the last couple years

Thank you for so much