User Tag List

Thread: INOCA TV Awards Pre-Voting Discussion thread!

INOCA TV Awards Pre-Voting Discussion thread!

Hi guys! I know there are still some Emmy-eligible shows airing right now - Westworld has another week, according to WIkipedia Handmaid's Tale has another month?! - but let's get the discussion going! I barely watched any TV this season, but if there are any questions of eligibility or category placement, now is the time to hash it out!

As for a timetable, it looks like the last episode for Handmaid's Tale premieres July 11th, or probably a day or two after that we'll start voting??

We are going to follow the Official Emmy placement/submission, right?

The last Emmy eligible episode of The Handmaid's Tale airs on June 20th, so we don't have to wait until the season finale. The last three episodes of The Handmaid's Tale will be eligible next year.

Also, are anime shows eligible here? Last year I was surprised when One Punch Man got in, because I though that those shows aren't eligible just like at the Emmys (most of the anime shows including One Punch Man are non-US productions).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post

Also, are anime shows eligible here? Last year I was surprised when One Punch Man got in, because I though that those shows aren't eligible just like at the Emmys (most of the anime shows including One Punch Man are non-US productions).
    I think as long as a show streammed/airred the first time here within the season it's eligable. Anime's not being on the Emmy ballot has more to do with either Crackle,Hulu,Netflix etc.(as they tend to do with oversea imports)) not submitting and the people who make the show not submitting themselves since they probable are unaware or don't care about the Us award circuit. Another example last year is the final season of Please Like Me getting IONCA nommed despite it not being on the Emmy Ballot.

Also since I know some might have watched it the Netflix show "The End Of The ****ing World" is listed as Comedy on the Emmy Ballot and so is Room 104(it could have been put in Drama or Miniseries) and Vida. And Claws is on the Emmy ballot as Drama. I think those are the only new shows that walk the line of both Comedy/Drama that might have placement confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    The last Emmy eligible episode of The Handmaid's Tale airs on June 20th, so we don't have to wait until the season finale. The last three episodes of The Handmaid's Tale will be eligible next year.
    Huh, that's so weird.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hi guys! I know there are still some Emmy-eligible shows airing right now - Westworld has another week, according to WIkipedia Handmaid's Tale has another month?! - but let's get the discussion going! I barely watched any TV this season, but if there are any questions of eligibility or category placement, now is the time to hash it out!

As for a timetable, it looks like the last episode for Handmaid's Tale premieres July 11th, or probably a day or two after that we'll start voting??
    Will there be an FYC thread before official voting?