User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 TCA Awards Nominations

Can I still vote?

Mary Poppins flying to snatch your wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by leothescorpio View Post

....and imagine thinking Killing Eve, a fun campy little show, is better than a high concept spy drama set in the 80s.
    Killing Eve is a better show. And it's first season is miles better than The American's first season.

Apparently Kween Keri wasn't there to accept...

lol at thinking that Killing Eve is better than The Americans, they are leagues apart, Killing Eve wasn't even one of the Top10 best TV shows of the year, and it's the most overrated first season since Mr. Robot. Fleabag was sooo much better from Phoebe Waller-Bridge one year ago.

Wait...Twin Peaks STILL doesn't have the Heritage award!?!?!? OMG It's like every single classic show from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and even '00s must win before it gets recognized.

Thus that qualifies my annual post in this thread.

This is only the third time that TCA have awarded both women for Individual Achievement in Comedy and Drama after 2010 (Jane Lynch and Juliana Margulies) and 2015 (Sarah Paulson and Rachel Bloom).

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    lol at thinking that Killing Eve is better than The Americans, they are leagues apart, Killing Eve wasn't even one of the Top10 best TV shows of the year, and it's the most overrated first season since Mr. Robot. Fleabag was sooo much better from Phoebe Waller-Bridge one year ago.
    The critics & audience beg to differ. And the Television Academy as well. I personally love both Killing Eve and The Americans, but the former got universal acclaim for it's first season, and is considered among the best shows of the year. So, maybe it's just you, dear Vector

Pronoun(s): His/Him/He
    Quote Originally Posted by DameOctaviaSpencer View Post
    The critics & audience beg to differ. And the Television Academy as well. I personally love both Killing Eve and The Americans, but the former got universal acclaim for it's first season, and is considered among the best shows of the year. So, maybe it's just you, dear Vector
    But the television academy nominated Americans not Eve. It also received much stronger reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DameOctaviaSpencer View Post
    So you are comparing the first seasons, because that's the only way you can argue that Killing Eve is better when The Americans got much stronger reviews for its final season and pretty much everybody thinks that The Americans is the more awards worthy TV show. Yeah. lol, let's talk about this when Killing Eve's second season arrives without Phoebe Waller-Bridge as the lead writer, that will be fun.

Imagine if Keri somehow won?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm talking about the first seasons of The Americans and Killing Eve. As of which show is better, that's just my humble opinion. But I love both.

I AM YOUR KHALEESI! hurricanesmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasty View Post
    Wait...Twin Peaks STILL doesn't have the Heritage award!?!?!? OMG It's like every single classic show from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and even '00s must win before it gets recognized.

Thus that qualifies my annual post in this thread.
    It gets nominated every year, but there are probably too many voters who just hate it for it to ever win. I figured if it ever had a chance, it was this year, with The Return relatively fresh in everybody's minds. But nope.

HS