User Tag List

Thread: Reese Witherspoon Sets '70s Rock Drama Series at Amazon

Reese Witherspoon Sets '70s Rock Drama Series at Amazon

Limited series 'Daisy Jones & The Six' has scored a 13-episode order at the streamer, which will also release the audiobook and music from the show.

Daisy Jones & The Six centers on a fictional rock band in the 1970s and follows their rise through the ranks of the L.A. music scene and beyond, eventually becoming one of the most legendary bands in the world. Amazon will distribute original music from the series (via Amazon Music), and the print and audiobook from Ballantine/Random House will also be available via Amazon.com and Audible.com.

The Disaster Artist duo Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber will pen the script and will oversee Daisy. Witherspoon and her Hello Sunshine banner topper Lauren Neustadter will exec produce alongside Circle of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn. Neustadter and Weber, whose credits include 500 Days of Summer and The Fault in Our Stars, will also exec produce. Author Jenkins will be credited as a producer. The series is a co-production between Amazon Studios, which controls worldwide rights, and Hello Sunshine.

-----

"As soon as I started reading Daisy Jones & The Six, I immediately fell head over heels in love with it, and Iím thrilled to be bringing it to the screen with Amazon and Jen Salke, whose passionate pursuit of the material spoke volumes," said Witherspoon, who also has a blurb on the book jacket. "With Neustadter and Weber, two writers I deeply admire, stewarding this project, I am so confident that Daisy and her bandís journey toward finding their voice will leave just as permanent a mark with viewers around the world as it did with me."

Pronoun(s): Her?
    Reese is unstoppable.

How in the world does she have the time, lol.

Oliver, what's good??
    Xoxo Peach

Reese has six shows split across four different outlets. One Emmy wasn't enough for her!!!

Pronoun(s): TarajHE P. Henson
    She's doing the most.

She has BLL
    Her Apple show with Jennifer Aniston
    Her Hulu limited series with Kerry Washington
    And now this
    In addition to serving as an executive producer on a ton of other shows in development.

Girl, bye!

The #KING coming for Emmy #3