User Tag List

Thread: We Used to Be Friends: The Veronica Mars Revival Thread

Pronoun(s): He/Him

We Used to Be Friends: The Veronica Mars Revival Thread

This deserves its own thread...

Veronica Mars: Hulu Eyes 8-Episode Limited Series Revival

The case is almost closed on a second Veronica Mars revival. Hulu is nearing a deal to order an eight-episode revival of the beloved series, with Kristen Bell reprising her titular role.
    News of the project arrives four years after the fan-funded Veronica Mars feature film hit theaters.

Pronoun(s): Her?
    So this is pretty awesome and everything but I only saw the first half of the title at first glance and almost had a heart attack that a Friends revival was announced and now I’m slightly disappointed.

I'm moderately optimistic. iZombie isn't quite on Veronica's level, but it has much of the wit, so Rob Thomas is certainly capable of making this good.

Pronoun(s): She/Her

Cannot wait.

Happy about the news hopefully we should hear about the other cast members soon.

I mean, do any of them have anything better to do?
    RIVETTE, TOUJOURS

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Just Tessa Thompson and I doubt anyone wants to see her character come back.

I mean there are a handful of small roles where the people became famous like Chastain, Paul Rudd, Kristen Ritter, etc. but of the main cast they're all basically still D-List. Bell is the one who is currently on a hit show and has more to "lose".
    RIVETTE, TOUJOURS

I was planning a rewatch and this makes me so excited! I haven't watched it since 2012 and didn't see the movie so going to get it all in for next year!

Veronica Mars really is one of the best series.

I still kind of wish this would have gotten picked up for a season 4 and seen Veronica at the FBI...I think that really could have been an interesting direction for the series and have Veronica deal with bigger stakes/mysteries.

Synopsis:

Spring breakers are getting murdered in Neptune, thereby decimating the seaside town’s lifeblood tourist industry. After Mars Investigations is hired by the parents of one of the victims to find their son’s killer, Veronica is drawn into an epic eight-episode mystery that pits the enclave’s wealthy elites, who would rather put an end to the month-long bacchanalia, against a working class that relies on the cash influx that comes with being the West Coast’s answer to Daytona Beach.

Veronica Mars is one of the best little shows to be ever created. Was never truly appreciated the way it should have been, but at least its got its core fanbase. Couldn't be more excited

Mary Poppins flying to snatch your wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarie View Post
    Veronica Mars is one of the best little shows to be ever created. Was never truly appreciated the way it should have been, but at least its got its core fanbase. Couldn't be more excited
    It truly is. It's an incredibly lucky show though, as not many would receive the continued acclaim and demand it has since it finished. Just the fact that it still makes GOAT lists and such speaks volumes.

My only wish now is that the Emmy's finally acknowledge Kristen Bell, and with Hulu, I think that could be possible, I just hope it's released in late 2019 so she doesn't have to face that barrage of Hollywood royalty.
    Last edited by dadom88; Yesterday at 05:51 AM.

I'm so hyped for this

Will this one be TV-MA? The books were very R-Rated.