User Tag List

Thread: Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender Live Action Series

Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender Live Action Series

Yes, this is real, so I guess we should have a thread for it, considering that this can be pretty big if Netflix doesn't fuck it up.

The showrunners are the original creators, Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Great opportunity for Netflix to have a fantasy series with a diverse cast.

Last edited by Vektor; 09-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Who asked for this?

Why can't they make animated sequels? Why retell the same thing a third time ?

I still believe the amount of CGI needed to make live action bending look cool would be too expensive and they will never spend that much.

It looks like the composer of the animated show is also back to work on this.

I am not sure what the tone of the show will be. I mean, they can make it more cartoony to feel like a live action children's show, that way that can get away with lesser CGI. So basically another A Series of Unfortunate Events for Netflix, which turned out pretty great.

Idk how to feel about this...

5 episodes away from finishing this series on Netflix, so I need to hurry before this news prompts me to accidentally see some spoilers this close to the end! And yeah, the budget is going to be massive unless they dial down some storylines; I mean just the Ba Sing Se stuff alone...

The budget for this must be insane of they want to do the bending animations justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    The budget for this must be insane of they want to do the bending animations justice.
    Also, like, a flying bison.

based on the novel "Push" by Sapphire DeltaEst1903's Avatar
    As a huge fan of this show, I have mixed feelings about this.

I wonder if this happened because of Crazy Rich Asians. Netflix saw how big CRA got and instanly started remaking the one American TV show that can have a full Asian cast in a live action adaptation. They probably regret now that Death Note had white actors in the main roles.

Do you think he will cast the characters similar to the ages of the original series or will they become a little older?

I just can't get behind this. The animation on the OG show was spectacular. It can't be done justice in live-action. And can they translate the perfect tonal balance?

Idk it really pisses me off that they chose this over making another Avatar series. I could understand not wanting to do it with Nick because they were treated horribly. But I guess they want to redeem it after the first live-action flop