Thread: Christoph Waltz joins Dane DeHaan and Alicia Vikander in "Tulip Fever"

You mean tonight, boo boo? Club wise? despicableme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by with_one_voice View Post
    And how was Vikander
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    how were waltz and dane dehaan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
    Great. Perhaps Chadwick has finally found his vehicle? Oh Vikander
    You know I came with kinda low expectatation, but to be honest this film exceeds my expectation. Vikander is the lead (duh) and she was terrific I must say. Her character is quite something, she's complicated, confused but honest, but also na´ve I guess. And she gets naked a lot. Meanwhile Dane DeHaan and Waltz are the male leads although DeHaan prob got more screentime and he was good too and really reminds me of young DiCaprio. Waltz thankfully didn't go the Big Eyes cartoonish territory and people will prob like his character more than DeHaan. O'Connell is in this too and he's alright. I found out the maid is played by Holliday Grainger and she got a big part too and she kinda surprised me. Then we have Galifianakis who is okay doing more drama after Birdman (Jonah Hill route prob?) And also Dame Judi Dench playing a Catholic nun right after Philomena lol. She's good too.

So I just found out Tom Stoppard wrote this which explains it to me how this film really has nice and neat dialogue. It's funny at times, then gets dramatic, and kinda tragic. So maybe Chadwick is just lucky to have a great screenplay in his hands. I think with more editing to adjust the pace and structure, this could be a lot better and be a real awards player next year.

Wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by despicableme View Post
    And she gets naked a lot.
    I gonna feel like Welles -yuck. Forgive me- but is only her or they are male counterparts?

Next Oscar Winner - Legend and Internet Icon ItatÝ Cantoral as Jenni Rivera

You know I came with kinda low expectatation, but to be honest this film exceeds my expectation. Vikander is the lead (duh) and she was terrific I must say. Her character is quite something, she's complicated, confused but honest, but also na´ve I guess. And she gets naked a lot. Meanwhile Dane DeHaan and Waltz are the male leads although DeHaan prob got more screentime and he was good too and really reminds me of young DiCaprio. Waltz thankfully didn't go the Big Eyes cartoonish territory and people will prob like his character more than DeHaan. O'Connell is in this too and he's alright. I found out the maid is played by Holliday Grainger and she got a big part too and she kinda surprised me. Then we have Galifianakis who is okay doing more drama after Birdman (Jonah Hill route prob?) And also Dame Judi Dench playing a Catholic nun right after Philomena lol. She's good too.

So I just found out Tom Stoppard wrote this which explains it to me how this film really has nice and neat dialogue. It's funny at times, then gets dramatic, and kinda tragic. So maybe Chadwick is just lucky to have a great screenplay in his hands. I think with more editing to adjust the pace and structure, this could be a lot better and be a real awards player next year.
    thank you!! so happy to hear dane seems to be really good in this movie. he is such a young talented actor. he is also portraying james dean in the movie Life coming out next year. I truly hope 2015 will be his year to shine!

I'm very happy to hear about Dane and especially Alicia. They're two of my favorite younger actors at the moment.

I don't expect Alicia to break through next year's VERY heavy, veteran crowded Best Actress category with this film but it's great to hear the movie is better than expected and that she's good in it. It will definitely help her build a narrative and IT-girl-ness of 2015, with all her other projects. I still think The Danish Girl and Best Supporting (or if the year bombs, lead - it is totally like Theory of Everything 2.0) is where it is for her.

Oliver, what's good??
    Xoxo Peach

Wonderful

I gonna feel like Welles -yuck. Forgive me- but is only her or they are male counterparts?
    Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to include that not only Vikander got to bare it all, but also DeHaan, although you won't see his ding-dong.

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to include that not only Vikander got to bare it all, but also DeHaan, although you won't see his ding-dong.
    Classical American prudish sense.

My aunt used to live in Paris RayB's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): She/Her
    If this is an awards player, between Waltz and DeHaan who do you think will get demoted to supporting?

Isn't Cara Delevigne in this too? Could you gauge whether she could actually act. She keeps getting parts.

Quote Originally Posted by RayB View Post
    If this is an awards player, between Waltz and DeHaan who do you think will get demoted to supporting?
    That's what I'm thinking about too. But probably Waltz. And even then this won't be a category fraud like Django if he goes supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoLoco View Post
    Isn't Cara Delevigne in this too? Could you gauge whether she could actually act. She keeps getting parts.
    She gets a tiny part that has to do with O'Connell's character. It's a really a small part that even an extra could do just fine with that.

Banned
    Neither K*** W******. Still La Lange, Thompson, Moore and Blanchett did the double noms...
    Watch Kim Kardashian with your friend D**** G********. She is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by leotard View Post
    Well, nothing bad considering W****** is friend of the mother. Why going for the lesser person? But even for insulting, you're too basic...

Or perhaps you're jelaous of Alicia Vikander? No surprise for the scare factor from you.

Pronoun(s): Oscar Winner L. Gaga
    Quote Originally Posted by leotard View Post
    Get the fuck outta here, l******.

Thanos did nothing wrong
    What the f*** is going on here?

I saw a test screening last night and definitely did not enjoy it. The screenplay was a complete mess. Comedic relief at odd time, some sections were rushed while others were quite slow. It was just put together so strangely.

It's beautifully shot, though and Vikander's FACE! It well acted overall. I don't think Waltz completely got out of his usual schtick although this character was a bit different for him.
    #unapologeticbitch #campevent #letuseatcake

Quote Originally Posted by Cesky View Post
    I saw a test screening last night and definitely did not enjoy it. The screenplay was a complete mess. Comedic relief at odd time, some sections were rushed while others were quite slow. It was just put together so strangely.

It's beautifully shot, though and Vikander's FACE! It well acted overall. I don't think Waltz completely got out of his usual schtick although this character was a bit different for him.
    Thanks for your input. This is what I was expecting and I wouldn't predict it for anything next year. It will only work as showing Vikander's strength even more, but she will get traction for something else.

Oliver, what's good??
    Xoxo Peach

Could Dame Judi being a nominee for this ?

"If you want the girl next door ... go next door, Emma Stone is there"

Testing again

If this film is becoming Harvey no. 1...

If this film is becoming Harvey no. 1...
    #Oscah4Dehaan

I don't have much faith in the director