User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grace and Frankie (S2) - Episodes 9-13

Renewed for S5, Ru Paul to guest star:

Pronoun(s): She/Her
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianmovies View Post
    Renewed for S5, Ru Paul to guest star:

Unconsciousness of Being Technique Thomas's Avatar
    I hope Martin Sheen dies in a car accident in season 5 so we can get the happy ending we deserve.
    life goes on until the end

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I hope Martin Sheen dies in a car accident in season 5 so we can get the happy ending we deserve.
    Honestly, Sol is the one I need to die. I at least like Grace and Robert's jaded dynamic, whereas Sol is full tilt annoying the whole time
    #unapologeticbitch #campevent #letuseatcake

Quote Originally Posted by Cesky View Post
    Honestly, Sol is the one I need to die. I at least like Grace and Robert's jaded dynamic, whereas Sol is full tilt annoying the whole time
    These are like the worst gays put on screen ever.
    Just horrid, both of them. Dragging down the show. Hello, it's called GRACE AND FRANKIE, not GAY AND OVERBITE.

Fonda and Tomlin has a fun chemistry, and June Diane Raphael is a hoot, but that the ex-husbands and sons need arcs too... ugh.

So for anyone who isn't up to speed, the trailer for season 5 (five!?) shows that this basically now is a show about old people doing marijuana and saying "fuck" a lot.

Can't wait! Need to check out that trailer.
    First Man Nacho Fries 3: Retrieval

Starring James Marsden

RuPaul and Nicole Richie appearance was.... underwhelming. The way the whole house thing got resolved was lame af, but whatever, I'm just glad they finished it quickly. The chemistry between Grace and Frankie was better than ever, and it was still satisfying to see Grace and Frankie saying "Fuck it!" to the kids.

I'm on episode 3 now and it is very delightful for the most part. I love the kids are in misery and I was screaming in joy when Grace draaaaaged Brianna. I hope lots and lots of misery for all the kids.

Oh and Robert faking his faint when he saw naked Roy was the first time I genuinely enjoyed Robert lol. They aren't that annoying so far!

This season was mostly enjoyable but a clear step down from seasons 3 and 4, which were both very good. I think the problem was there was barely any... arc? Like it was this thing for a while, that thing for a while. Quite odd to be frank. And another thing, this was very very Grace-centric season. Everything was filtered through Grace's pov. Even when Frankie was doing some weird things, it was filtered through Grace's eyes and how their friendship means to her. Which is not a bad thing, especially since Jane Fonda is doing absolutely beautiful work (never thought I'd say this when I first watched this series lol) but that really impacted Grace and Frankie's conflict at the end of the season. Frankie's argument that Grace always dismisses her and is condescending is sorta a genuine problem, but considering we saw almost everything happening this season through Grace's eyes, that kind of makes less of an impact.

And of course, the show amplifying Frankie's annoying qualities didn't help. Geez, this show is really bad at writing conflicts. I mean yes, Grace can be condescending to Frankie, but how can she not when Frankie pulls a potentially-catastrophic shit like that? The final moment with Grace and Frankie was beautiful, but they had to ruin it with Grace's shocking news again. We just want to see them have fun! And the first half of the season was very enjoyable because of that reason; the show stopped trying to pit the two against each other, and just portrayed how genuine their friendship became, and how they are there for each other when needed.

One really good thing though was, all the other characters' thing was as insubstantial as possible. They actually were quite charming when they weren't given much to do lol. I'm especially surprised how I didn't hate Robert and Sol? Sol was really endearing, and Robert's final performance in front of his family and friends was surprisingly affecting.

Currently watching episode one of the new season and OMG at Grace’s joy at trying Del Taco for the first time.

Also, I completely forgot about the nakedness of Roy!
    First Man Nacho Fries 3: Retrieval

Starring James Marsden

This is just such a useless show, trying to be The Golden Girls: Updated but is more like Hot in Cleveland: Downgraded.