User Tag List

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74751525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,132 of 1132

Thread: Random Video Game Thoughts 3: My Face Is Tired

Always Be Excellent to Each Other Howard Beale's Toothpaste's Avatar
    Pronoun(s): they, them
    is nobody else excited for Banjo & Kazooie in Smash?

Pronoun(s): His/Him/He

Quote Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the concept itself that a game would try to depict real combat and the real terror of war, but obviously in this case it's just marketing gimmick, nothing more, because it's a AAA Call of Duty game. All of entertainment has been glorifying war or using the terror and "realism" of it as some sort of a marketing gimmick, so this isn't some gaming specific issue. Using it as a gimmick is certainly bad, but I hope he isn't suggesting that video gaming as a storytelling medium shouldn't aspire to depict war in a realistic way.
    Last edited by Vektor; 06-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.

I think the new Zelda will come out sooner than most people think. There were rumours about it for a long time already.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's already quite far into dev. My bet is a big trailer for the next E3 with a November/December 2020 release.

Pronoun(s): His/Him/He
    I'm about 8 hours into Final Fantaxy IX for the first time ever. I'm playing it on Steam with the Moguri mod and it looks pretty good. The overworld is hideous but otherwise the character models are quite impressive scaled-up and the mod makes the backgrounds pleasant.

The game itself has been quite sprightly for a FF game of that era. So far there's only been one point where I felt any need to grind (I've just arrived at the second). The story is also fairly quick. Hoping it holds up through to the end!

It gets...unnecessarily weird toward the end (though that's a criticism that holds true for almost every FF of that era), but IX is undoubtedly the most charming of them all. It's world is just so damn quaint and lovely.

If I was forced to rank them (the FFs are my babies!), VI and IX would come out on top for me.

Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Pronoun(s): King
    So I finally played Spider-Man on my PS4 Pro and LOVED it. Is a sequel in development?

King of Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFilmkritik View Post
    So I finally played Spider-Man on my PS4 Pro and LOVED it. Is a sequel in development?
    It was a huge success for Sony, so of course they are making a sequel. The question is if it will be a PS5 launch title or not. (probably not, because 2 years is simply not enough time to develop a new AAA game and Horizon 2 will be the main launch title)

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    When is PS5 expected to be released?

Pronoun(s): King
    Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    It was a huge success for Sony, so of course they are making a sequel. The question is if it will be a PS5 launch title or not. (probably not, because 2 years is simply not enough time to develop a new AAA game and Horizon 2 will be the main launch title)
    Thanks! A 2022 is doable, but it might be even 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenys View Post
    When is PS5 expected to be released?
    Fall 2020.

King of Clay.

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFilmkritik View Post
    Fall 2020.
    Thanks!

Hmmmm, I get why they’re releasing this but it really does feel like a cheaper version a la Wii (2nd Generation)/Wii Mini.