User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Season 8 SPOILERS ALLOWED

Woman Moderator
    Pronoun(s): She/Her

Game of Thrones - Season 8 SPOILERS ALLOWED

So, let's try this.

We are going to have this thread for free discussion of GoT spoilers. A few points:

• Spoilers should only appear in this thread.
    • You do not need to use spoiler tags.
    • You should not talk about the spoilers elsewhere, even in veiled form.
    • If there are any full episode leaks, like last year, we may have to close the thread.

Pronoun(s): Him
    I like to stress that last point, although I think HBO is not likely to let that happen again. But I also think the whole outline of the final season will be clear before next April.

I think this weekend's leak is the first to take serious, because it's from a very reputable source, and also because it makes sense. There is already grumbling among show-only people, because they love Tyrion and he's such a good guy, but he's not such a nice guy in the books. GRRM has said he is his favorite character, but also that the ending will be bittersweet, and it's pretty clear this is (at least in part) the bitter side of it.

I felt this would happen since the final episode of season 6, when Daenerys made him Hand of the Queen, and he clearly looked infatuated with her. But prophecy is always right in this tale, and in the House of the Undying (in the books) she is told, "Three treasons will you know. One for blood, one for gold, and one for love." For blood is Mirri's betrayal, for gold is either Jorah's or Hizdahr zo Loraq's, and I expect for love will be Tyrion. It will be interesting to see the reason for his betrayal, but that loving look, combined with the look he gave upon Jon entering Daenerys' cabin combined with Cersei's change of heart after their negotiation (of which we didn't see the conclusion), I was already pretty sure this was going to happen.

About Jaime dying in Brienne's arms, I'll just leave this:

And we can finally, finally lay that Jonsa nonsense to rest.

I still think we end up with a lot of women in power-positions: Daenerys as Queen (shared with Jon/Aegon, perhaps?), Sansa as Lady of Winterfell (because Bran is a tree), Yara ruling the Iron Islands, Ellaria (saved from the dungeons) ruling Dorne (a ridiculous notion, but okay), Brienne as Commander of the Queensguard, and Arya as the new Varys (those faces surely help in spying). Okay, maybe not that last one . The only man ending up in some position of power could be Jon. Sam probably inherits House Tarly, but who gives a fuck about him anyway? I see Gendry mentioned as Lord of Storm's End, given that he's the only living Baratheon, but nobody cares about the Stormlands, really.

I will marshall all the forces of darkness to hound you to an assisted suicide! - Peter Capaldi, In The Loop

Tyrion betraying Dany makes 0 sense unless it's for Jaime. Is it gonna be something lame like Jaime arriving to help, her wanting to kill him for him killing her dad and Tyrion letting him escape?

Why would Daenerys want to kill Jaime if she was willing to cooperate with the Lannisters last season to battle the White Walkers? Sure, she might resent him, but "Fuck loyalty" means something (he finally gave up on that loyalty to Cersei), and so does Jaime's scene with Brienne in the bath at Harrenhal. She will vouch for him. Not to mention the fact that last season Daenerys already acknowledged that her father was an evil man. So Jaime just needs to repeat his story about Aerys' threat to 'burn them all', and she'll see his reasons. Jaime basically did a good thing by killing Aerys, I think we can all agree on that. By the way, there's still plenty of wildfire beneath King's Landing....

Again, it will be for love. How convincingly D&D can make that look after dumbing down his character so much remains to be seen, but it fits his character arc so far in the books, and I don't expect something so major to be on the show but not in the books, certainly when the books hint at it (and so does the show).

I will marshall all the forces of darkness to hound you to an assisted suicide! - Peter Capaldi, In The Loop

Woman Moderator
    Pronoun(s): She/Her
    The one thing bothering me about the rumors is what is he betraying her for. If it is for love, is it for his love for Daenerys? In which case, is he betraying her because he believes he knows best? Is he betraying her because of a misguided sense of "If I can't have her, nobody can"? It fits Tyrion perfectly (especially in the books), but I can't see what the reason for the betrayal will be, and it is driving me crazy.

If they fuck up Tyrion's death with some lame writing that doesn't fit the character in the show, it will be the shark jumping moment for a lot of viewers. Like, this can be one of the biggest fuck ups in TV history, so it will interesting to see if D&D really butchered the final season that much.

Edit: I mean, lol, the response to this leak is already pretty bad.

I'd prefer he betrays her to save Jamie or Cersei than over stupid jealousy/love reason

Quote Originally Posted by Vektor View Post
    If they fuck up Tyrion's death with some lame writing that doesn't fit the character in the show, it will be the shark jumping moment for a lot of viewers. Like, this can be one of the biggest fuck ups in TV history, so it will interesting to see if D&D really butchered the final season that much.

of course they can, they're D&D. They had Sansa marry a Bolton, there are no limits of how stupid they can make these characters

This is supposed to happen in the last episode, so not much shark to jump .

Quote Originally Posted by bruce lee View Post
    I'd prefer he betrays her to save Jamie or Cersei than over stupid jealousy/love reason
    This can also be his love: the love for his family. Remember, if he dies the Lannister name will have been Castamered. On the show, at least; plenty of Lannisters still running around in the books, although none of the Rock. At least when Lancel finds a similar demise to his exit from the show. This will be a fitting end for the family .

Unless of course his execution is by dragonfire, and we find out he is the third Targaryen after all . The dragon has three heads .

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    This is supposed to happen in the last episode, so not much shark to jump .
    So it's like the Lost finale where at least half of the fanbase will be really pissed off.

So it's like the Lost finale where at least half of the fanbase will be really pissed off.
    That's because it was a stupid finale .

With this, we still need to see it first. We have to keep in mind that the show never showed the 3x3 prophecy, so they can fit in a different reason for his treason. Like I argued in my long post in the other thread, D&D are very specific about which prophecies they use, or even which part of a prophecy they use. The House of the Undying sequence was completely different in the books, and none of what they showed in the show is in there. But Book Tyrion (which is what I care more about) will betray her for love, that for me now is almost certain.

Pronoun(s): Miles Morales
    I can already picture the outrage to the Tyrion stuff

these leaks sound like hot garbage

Again, I have no doubt that this is real. This person has leaked full outlines for season 6 and 7 before, and they were 95% accurate. Thanks to this, we already know that Cersei will likely have a miscarriage ("of course she does, she can only have three children! Why doesn't anybody ever listen to me? Man, it sucks to be a witch!" - Maggy the Frog)

Pronoun(s): Miles Morales
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    Again, I have no doubt that this is real. This person has leaked full outlines for season 6 and 7 before, and they were 95% accurate. Thanks to this, we already know that Cersei will likely have a miscarriage ("of course she does, she can only have three children! Why doesn't anybody ever listen to me? Man, it sucks to be a witch!" - Maggy the Frog)
    I meant hot garbage as in they sound terrible to watch. I’m quite certain they are real as well.

I hated this idea initially, but looking back they have laid the groundwork a little and I will wait and see how it goes. Not a good start though, lol.

Tyrion's fate sounds very reminiscent of the original GRRM outline where there was a Tyrion/Arya/Jon love triangle.

New leaks, brought to you by the same source as the previous ones.

I'm already scouring the Catelyn/Tyrion scenes for that line, "I never bet against my family."

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...athread_vol_2/

for those who don't wanna watch 15 minute long video

Quote Originally Posted by harlequinade View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...athread_vol_2/

for those who don't wanna watch 15 minute long video
    LOL. But I posted the video because I read some re-interpretation of what he actually said. On the other hand, English isn't his first language (there's a Spanish video too).

Oh I wasn't criticizing it's just that a minute or two to read stuff is the most I'm willing to give to that show's leaks, I am definitely not spending time watching some guy ramble about it