User Tag List

Thread: NYPD Blue reboot gets pilot

NYPD Blue reboot gets pilot

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/nyp...mpression=true

First thing I wondered was if Theo was the lead and he is! His backstory now is that after his older brother and mother were killed he now has to solve his fathers murder.

The original was so bold and ahead of its time. Now what made it so unique has been done so much and gone so extreme. Hope it can be a solid detective show and try to be as barrier breaking as the original.

Thanos did nothing wrong
    See, that's the thing that happens when I try to watch NYPD Blue. There have been so many imitators over the years that none of it really wows me. I'm sure some of the more TV-MA elements shocked audiences but we get that so much nowadays on cable and streaming. Yet there are episodes of Homicide that feel like they haven't aged a day. I don't get that with Blue but maybe I need to watch the right episodes.

Also, wasn't one of the complaints about the original that they piled on tragedy after tragedy on Sipowicz? How sad that the curse has been transferred from father to son.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    See, that's the thing that happens when I try to watch NYPD Blue. There have been so many imitators over the years that none of it really wows me. I'm sure some of the more TV-MA elements shocked audiences but we get that so much nowadays on cable and streaming. Yet there are episodes of Homicide that feel like they haven't aged a day. I don't get that with Blue but maybe I need to watch the right episodes.

Also, wasn't one of the complaints about the original that they piled on tragedy after tragedy on Sipowicz? How sad that the curse has been transferred from father to son.
    I just recently rewatched seasons 3-7 in their entirety and it was still very compelling to me! The harshness of the relationships was still surprising. The hatred Sipowicz has for so many is still rarely seen. The bitterness and self destructive tendencies.

Season 6 has the most tragedy but the way all the stories tie into each other made the whole issue of Multiple deaths less of an issue seeing how it all unfolded. But yes after it was over it was like “that was a lot!”
    Last edited by BTN; 10-17-2018 at 09:25 PM.