• Vice

46 86.79%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Makeup & Hairstyling: November

Magnificently Monolithic Aaron Leggo's Avatar
    Isn't Vice precisely the kind of thing they nominate here every chance they get, @erikdean? Transformative facial prosthetics is something this branch adores.

It's rare that all three nominees in this category are BP nominees (last time that happened was 2001, I think), so I've been leaving out The Favourite by default. Black Panther has to be in, I imagine, but you never know with this branch. It could miss, then The Favourite gets in, and the third spot goes to Border or whatever. Vice is the one I feel really confident in, though.

Pronoun(s): Jake
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Leggo View Post
    Isn't Vice precisely the kind of thing they nominate here every chance they get, @erikdean? Transformative facial prosthetics is something this branch adores.

It's rare that all three nominees in this category are BP nominees (last time that happened was 2001, I think), so I've been leaving out The Favourite by default. Black Panther has to be in, I imagine, but you never know with this branch. It could miss, then The Favourite gets in, and the third spot goes to Border or whatever. Vice is the one I feel really confident in, though.
    You're absolutely correct, Vice is total bait for this group and will likely get in. It was my #1 last month. I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. But really, once all of the shortlists drop that not only gives us a smaller pool to choose from it shows us where these branches are leaning, big picture.

Magnificently Monolithic Aaron Leggo's Avatar
    Okay, thanks for the clarification!

I agree that this is a good time to test out some different possibilities before the shortlists are released in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how those shake down, especially in Visual Effects, which feels like it has quite a few fringe contenders right now.

Pronoun(s): Jake
    I really hope there are some fringe contenders, especially in Visual Effects. It feels very ordinary right now.

Suspiria can happen and should be in the poll. With the bake-off, people don't even need to sit through the film to understand the merit of the work.

At least one (maybe two) of Border, Suspiria, and Uncle Drew (lol) will probably get nominated because the makeup is just really showy. And then they'll lose to whichever Best Pic nominee is recognized here (Black Panther?), per usual.