User Tag List

View Poll Results: Please Select 5 Nominees

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • At Eternity's Gate

    4 4.17%
  • Black Panther

    10 10.42%
  • Cold War

    37 38.54%
  • Colette

    0 0%
  • The Favourite

    73 76.04%
  • First Man

    75 78.13%
  • Green Book

    3 3.13%
  • If Beale Street Could Talk

    76 79.17%
  • Roma

    92 95.83%
  • A Star is Born

    88 91.67%
  • Widows

    5 5.21%
  • Other

    5 5.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 121 to 127 of 127

Thread: Best Cinematography: November

  1. #121
    Noli Me Tangere lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: The House of Fiction
    Posts: 21,857
    I'm really hoping that the cinematographers branch have a bias against a director doing his own cinematography.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    I'm really hoping that the cinematographers branch have a bias against a director doing his own cinematography.
    Why?

  3. #123
    Senior Member Hobjam's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Location: New York
    Posts: 1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiansport1 View Post
    The cinematography in Beale Street is miles better than in Favourite
    Miles, sis?

    Quote Originally Posted by Damiansport1 View Post
    That's not true. This branch is actually a great one and does it's job very well. They truly nominate excellent work every year. Silence wasnt big contender for example and got nom because had stunning cinematography
    Nearly every pundit has The Favourite over Beale, but, we will see Oscar nom morning!

  4. #124
    Noli Me Tangere lazarus's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: The House of Fiction
    Posts: 21,857
    Quote Originally Posted by lacourseauxetoiles View Post
    Why?
    Because there’s nothing outstanding about Roma’s cinematography.

    I wouldn’t take issue with him actually winning another directing Oscar because his work with the actors, the compositions, and the visual storytelling are all great. But people need to understand the difference between the elements, and that shooting in b&w on a top-of-the-line digital camera that gives you very crisp images should not make you a default nominee or winner.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Because there’s nothing outstanding about Roma’s cinematography.

    I wouldn’t take issue with him actually winning another directing Oscar because his work with the actors, the compositions, and the visual storytelling are all great. But people need to understand the difference between the elements, and that shooting in b&w on a top-of-the-line digital camera that gives you very crisp images should not make you a default nominee or winner.
    I think that saying that the only thing that matters in cinematography is lighting and not using it to award the camerawork in general is a mistake.

  6. #126
    Senior Member tour de force's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Posts: 226
    Quote Originally Posted by lacourseauxetoiles View Post
    If Roma wasn't coming out this year, I'd probably be predicting Cold War being nominated for Cinematography, Original Screenplay, Actress, and Picture. I just don't think there's enough room for 2 foreign language films in the race, even though there should be.
    With the quality of the movies contending for BP this season, it certainly should be. Anyway, if it scores Cinematography it'll be a deserved get.

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Posts: 19,465
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    I'm really hoping that the cinematographers branch have a bias against a director doing his own cinematography.
    Cuaron was third place in Cameraimage, already embraced by the cinematographers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •