• Michelle Yeoh - Crazy Rich Asians

27 13.30%
  • Other

1 0.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2933343536373839

Thread: Best Supporting Actress: December I

Quote Originally Posted by EOLB View Post
    I'm not here for a pageant show, thank you.
    Wtf so why did you post a sexist comment telling people to “stop thinking with their dicks” to begin with?

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    EOLB you need to tone it down. We get that you are ecstatic for Blunt's double nominations and we are all happy for you but you are turning to stanning rather than celebrating. Take a seat and change your attitude.
    Baby, who tf are you to say that when you jumped up and down when Dunkirk got in the 90s and thought Nolan was winning?

Hey Auntie...

"sexist comment" jeez louise

Stop thinking with your dicks because Emily Blunt clearly is ahead of her.
    This is not OK, @EOLB.

Maybe we should talk about something else. This discussion is derailing

Pronoun(s): He/Him/His
    Bruh...

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    This is not OK, @EOLB.
    Okay. I apologize for that comment.

Blunt Force

Quote Originally Posted by phantoms View Post
    Bruh...

Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress threads tbh

I didn't think it was such a big deal. Of course, everyone likes her because she's gorgeous too. We hear it all the time.

Blunt Force

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    Baby, who tf are you to say that when you jumped up and down when Dunkirk got in the 90s and thought Nolan was winning?
    Why do you have it in for me?

Pronoun(s): She/Her.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyjagi View Post
    I actually think Robbie will get BAFTA nom. Idk about Blunt. Better chance in Lead. I ultimately still think Foy will sneak into 5th over both
    Yes, I think Blunt has a better chance in lead too which is one reason why I have Robbie ahead of her. I agree though that I think Foy will end up being in the final 5, so who is ahead between Robbie or Blunt seems moot to me since I think Foy or someone else will surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by predatorxxi View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to believe a performance in a late-breaking period film would be likelier than one in an early released genre film? Especially when the actress of said genre film is already going to be nominated regardless in Lead for something else?

Also, Focus Features has done very well in the last few years in the acting categories. Especially with contenders that ended up surprising in some way or the other (Lesley Manville, Ruth Negga in Loving - over Amy Adams, who was in a Paramount genre film, just like...Blunt -, Michael Shannon. Getting acting wins for middlebrow bait like Danish Girl and Theory of Everything when most people shrugged them off). So, again, tell me, why is it so preposterous to believe that Robbie would happen before Blunt in this category again?
    Matt24 just brought up Focus's great track record in the SAG anticipation thread, and so far they've done well with their first priority BlacKkKlansman which many had written off before the Globes and SAG helped to revive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell74 View Post
    I have Emily at #3 in lead! When was the last time someone was double nominated, Blanchett 10 years ago is the last I can think of? On a very superficial side-note, Blunt in Charlie Wilson’s War/Dan in Real Life is way sexier than Ms. Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by troote View Post
    Yeah I think most people would be considering Blunt much more if they weren't predicting her to get in lead.
    This is another reason I think Robbie is ahead of Blunt. I don't see double noms happening for Blunt, and I think a nomination in leading is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by guany View Post
    Reviews aren't everything, Blunt already has a bid in lead, and Elizabeth has been nodded 3 times before.

Sure, Blunt could get double noms, but it's weird to me to imagine her pulling it off with two genre films.
    Queen Elizabeth being actor's catnip is one of the other reasons for me still having Robbie ahead too.

I didn't think it was such a big deal. Of course, everyone likes her because she's gorgeous too. We hear it all the time.
    I don't think that's the reason people are predicting her here but I do know what you're getting at and it's the same people that call out Dmitri for stanning attractive men. I think you just said it a little BLUNTly.

Reigning and defending Gold Rush Champion Damiansport1's Avatar
    Lol i can't at the last few pages i have not laughed so much for long time AW at it's peak!

Quote Originally Posted by troote View Post
    I don't think that's the reason people are predicting her here but I do know what you're getting at and it's the same people that call out Dmitri for stanning attractive men. I think you just said it a little BLUNTly.
    Me to Margot:

But to be honest, I do think her performance in 'Mary, Queen of Scots' looks a lot better than her performance in 'I, Tonya'. So, I'll try to soften the blow from now on. Emily is still ahead of her, in my opinion. Unless she gets a BAFTA nomination too. But maybe they are over their queens and will snub her like Judi.

Blunt Force

Usually people meltdown when their faves get snubbed, not nominated. Weird flex but ok