• Regina Hall - Support the Girls

12 4.86%
  • Nicole Kidman - Destroyer

15 6.07%
  • Joanna Kulig - Cold War

5 2.02%
  • Kiki Layne - If Beale Street Could Talk

3 1.21%
  • Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me?

135 54.66%
  • Carey Mulligan - Wildlife

1 0.40%
  • Rosamund Pike - A Private War

11 4.45%
  • Julia Roberts - Ben is Back

11 4.45%
  • Saoirse Ronan - Mary Queen of Scots

10 4.05%
  • Other

1 0.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115155565758596061
Results 1,201 to 1,217 of 1217

Thread: Best Actress: December I

miss nesbitt if you're nasty guany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_storm View Post
    Er yeah, now, but Shiva is right that that wasn't the case until very recently (NBR to be exact).
    Gaga has been widely considered the frontrunner since October at least. A lot of people were doubting Glenn even before NBR.

Pronoun(s): He/Him/His
    Quote Originally Posted by lacourseauxetoiles View Post
    How does a Best Drama nod for Bohemian Rhapsody indicate that they liked it more than A Star Is Born? If Bohemian Rhapsody gets nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, that won't be a sign that the Academy likes it more than A Star Is Born.
    The Hollywood Foreign Press Association works in mysterious ways. Did you think they would nominate the film? I didn't.

Blunt Force

Quote Originally Posted by guany View Post
    Gaga has been widely considered the frontrunner since October at least. A lot of people were doubting Glenn even before NBR.
    In general? Yes. On here? Not really. We haven't stopped hearing about how she can't win two Oscars in one night and Glenn's narrative and how Glenn was taking NBR and yadda yadda... Even now people are looking at Blunt as an alternate because almost noone wants to face the reality that Lady Gaga is very likely taking this. Can't say I'm thrilled about it either but

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    1. Olivia Colman (The Favourite)
    2. Toni Collette (Hereditary)
    3. Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born)
    4. Glenn Close (The Wife)
    5. Melissa McCarthy (Can You Ever Forgive Me?)

6. Regina Hall (Support the Girls)
    7. Yalitza Aparicio (Roma)
    8. Viola Davis (Widows)
    9. Elsie Fisher (Eighth Grade)
    10. Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns)

Blunt Force

Quote Originally Posted by EOLB View Post
    The Hollywood Foreign Press Association works in mysterious ways. Did you think they would nominate the film? I didn't.
    I predicted it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by lacourseauxetoiles View Post
    I predicted it tbh.
    Well, because you paid attention to the whispers.

Blunt Force

Can we not do the "Who's Stans are worse" argument again...We're all terrible, let's move on. Everyone has hit the televised precursors they need to, so let's just see who starts winning them.

Quote Originally Posted by dadom88 View Post
    We're all terrible, let's move on.

miss nesbitt if you're nasty guany's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by electric_storm View Post
    In general? Yes. On here? Not really. We haven't stopped hearing about how she can't win two Oscars in one night and Glenn's narrative and how Glenn was taking NBR and yadda yadda... Even now people are looking at Blunt as an alternate because almost noone wants to face the reality that Lady Gaga is very likely taking this. Can't say I'm thrilled about it either but
    I feel like Glenn has been considered more of an underdog since the very beginning. It's felt like an uphill battle!

Quote Originally Posted by guany View Post
    I feel like Glenn has been considered more of an underdog since the very beginning. It's felt like an uphill battle!
    Lol yes it has always felt that way to me too. I do think she stands a reasonable chance with HFPA, they like their stars of yesteryear, they have a good relationship with SPC and Gaga has one already (and will definitely win a second). It just depends how certain they feel that Gaga is taking the Oscar because they won't want to be the only ones to miss the boat on that.

I think she has much lower chances with the basic pundits of BFCA or populist SAG where ASIB has 4 nominations.

Reigning and defending Gold Rush Champion Damiansport1's Avatar
    Gaga winning is the one long range prediction im really proud of. i mean she didn't win yet but it's really inevitable. from july! https://awardswatch.com/forums/showt...=1#post3465916

remmebe how McTeague tried? https://awardswatch.com/forums/showt...=1#post3546298

Pronoun(s): He/Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiansport1 View Post
    Gaga winning is the one long range prediction im really proud of. i mean she didn't win yet but it's really inevitable. from july! https://awardswatch.com/forums/showt...=1#post3465916

remmebe how McTeague tried? https://awardswatch.com/forums/showt...=1#post3546298
    Maybe you should wait for her to actually win to start bragging, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Damiansport1 View Post

This thread is going to be a mess when Gaga loses the Oscar AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by cineboule View Post
    Maybe you should wait for her to actually win to start bragging, just saying

Just say, i'm old fashioned Russell74's Avatar
    Probably overthinking this, but I think Amy Adams inching towards looking more and more likely to get some hardware and standing o’s is going to derail Close’s overdue narrative. Can there only be one?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell74 View Post
    Probably overthinking this, but I think Amy Adams inching towards looking more and more likely to get some hardware and standing o’s is going to derail Close’s overdue narrative. Can there only be one?
    Funny, 'cause I spent the whole day thinking.the exact opposite - One narrative feeding the other #YearOfTheOverdue

SANTA BARBARA - PALM SPRINGS - MUSEUM OF MOVING IMAGE - GOTHAM NOM - ISA NOM - HFA - SATELLITE NOM - GG NOM - SAG NOM

Pronoun(s): Him
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell74 View Post
    Yeah, a redhead with an overdue narrative in a weak category. We spent all season comparing the wrong person to Julianne Moore.
    FYC:

Crazy Richard Asians