User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1923242526272829

Thread: Emmy Nominations Anticipation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lacourseauxetoiles View Post
    I think she'll make it in next year. Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Phoebe Waller-Bridge won't be in the category anymore, I have a hard time seeing Adlon, Tomlin, Janney, or Ross coming back after missing this year, and I think GLOW's chances of getting new Emmy noms are pretty much over. Unless if there are multiple new breakout comedies with female leads, I think she'll be able to squeeze into a weaker category.
    I can absolutely seeing those names as nominees next year. The Emmys tend to go back to their typical favs. Especially Janney & Tomlin are possible to return and definitely more possible than Bell to appear for the first time. I hate to say this, but I don't think they like Bell enough to mention her here. She's had such a great run with Veronica Mars, Heroes, House of Lies and The Good Place and they never took notice.

She's here to destroy your favorites since 2011.

🍰 BP-nominee The Help (2011) / Winner for Best Supporting Actress 🏆
    ➗ BP-nominee Hidden Figures (2016) / Nominee for Best Supporting Actress
    🐟 BP-winner The Shape of Water (2017) / Nominee for Best Supporting Actress
    📗 BP-winner Green Book (2018) / Executive producer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aiello View Post
    I mean, I want a Sandra Oh win more than anything but it seemed like she had the buzz last year and she lost to....Claire Foy.

As for Catherine O'Hara, I will just if that happens. No disrespect meant to Julia or Rachel, but I'm so over seeing them win everything. Both have been duly rewarded. So glad Janney missed (for the same reason). Give someone else a shot! O'Hara is brilliant!
    Sandra didn't have half the buzz she has these days. She basically only had the "historic" mentions last year....big headlines, but these days she has all the wins, the buzz, the popularity, the speeches, her show being popular (it over-performed, big time).

She's here to destroy your favorites since 2011.

🍰 BP-nominee The Help (2011) / Winner for Best Supporting Actress 🏆
    ➗ BP-nominee Hidden Figures (2016) / Nominee for Best Supporting Actress
    🐟 BP-winner The Shape of Water (2017) / Nominee for Best Supporting Actress
    📗 BP-winner Green Book (2018) / Executive producer

Exactly how are Aunjanue Ellis and Niecy Nash lead and Emily Watson in Chernobyl isn't? Or even co-star Marsha Stephanie Blake?!
    Last edited by mvsch; Today at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvsch View Post
    Exactly how are Aunjanue Ellis and Niecy Nash lead and Emily Watson in Chernobyl isn't? Or even co-star Marsha Stephanie Blake?!
    Eh, I'm sure Netflix campaigned them in a way that they can maximize potential nominations, which obviously worked out for them.

Chris Sullivan got nominated for an Emmy.