Sia’s Music tops loser list with three awards
The Golden Raspberry Awards, aka the Razzies, who “honor” the worst in film every year, have named Absolute Proof, a “documentary,” financed by and starring “The My Pillow Guy” Mike Lindell, purports to “prove” the canard that “voting irregularities” resulted in the 2020 Presidential election being “stolen,” as the Worst Picture of 2020 with Mike Lindell named Worst Actor.
Robert Downey Jr.’s big budget Dolittle disaster had received the most nominations but ended up with a single win: Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel. The other nomination leader, 365 Days, a Polish remake of Fifty Shades of Gray, this film not only got a rare 0% Rating at RT but was also found so sexually offensive that 95,000 signed a petition to remove it from Netflix, was awarded Worst Screenplay.
The biggest loser of the day was Sia’s Music, which won three of its four nominations: Worst Director, Worst Actress (Kate Hudson) and Worst Supporting Actress (Maddie Ziegler). That supporting actress win saved Hillbilly Elegy‘s Glenn Close the fate of being the first person to win a Razzie for the same role they are Oscar-nominated for.
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm won both of its nominations: for Rudy Giuliani as Worst Supporting Actor for playing himself and a shared win with Academy Award nominee Maria Bakalova as Worst Screen Combo.
Here is the complete list of winners of the 41st Golden Raspberry Awards.
365 Days – A Polish remake of Fifty Shades of Gray, this film not only got a rare 0% Rating at RT but was also found so sexually offensive that 95,000 signed a petition to remove it from Netflix…
[WINNER] Absolute Proof – This “documentary,” financed by and starring “The My Pillow Guy” Mike Lindell, purports to “prove” the canard that “voting irregularities” resulted in the 2020 Presidential election being “stolen.”
Dolittle – The last Big-Budget Box Office Bomb theatrically released before The Lockdown, Dolittle is a totally faithless umpteenth remake of the classic book about a man with a gift for talking to the animals.
Fantasy Island – This oddball remake takes the old TV series (“De plane! De plane!”) and crossbreeds it with Twilight Zone for a dark and decidedly murky “re-imagining” which almost nobody liked.
Music – A mis-guided “musical comedy” about an autistic teen-ager who “learns about life” under the guidance of her new guardian, this has a 90% Negative Rating on R.T. and is loathed by autistics everywhere.
- Robert Downey Jr. – Dolittle
- Mike Lindell (The “My Pillow Guy,” as “Himself”) – Absolute Proof [WINNER]
- Michele Morrone – 365 Days
- Adam Sandler – Hubie Halloween
- David Spade – The Wrong Missy
- Anne Hathaway – The Last Thing He Wanted AND Roald Dahl’s The Witches
- Katie Holmes – Brahms: The Boy II AND The Secret: Dare to Dream
- Kate Hudson – Music [WINNER]
- Lauren Lapkus – The Wrong Missy
- Anna-Maria Sieklucka – 365 Days
Worst Supporting Actress
- Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy
- Lucy Hale – Fantasy Island
- Maggie Q – Fantasy Island
- Kristen Wiig – Wonder Woman 1984
- Maddie Ziegler – Music [WINNER]
Worst Supporting Actor
- Chevy Chase – The Very Excellent Mr. Dundee
- Rudy Giuliani (As “Himself”) – Borat, Subsequent Moviefilm [WINNER]
- Shia LaBeouf – The Tax Collector
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – Iron Mask
- Bruce Willis – Breach, Hard Kill AND Survive the Night
Worst Screen Combo
- Maria Bakalova & Rudy Giuliani (Yes, That Really IS Rudy Giuliani!) – Borat Subsequent Moviefilm [WINNER]
- Robert Downey Jr. & His Utterly Unconvincing “Welsh” Accent – Dolittle
- Harrison Ford & That Totally Fake-Looking CGI “Dog” – Call of the Wild
- Lauren Lapkus & David Spade – The Wrong Missy
- Adam Sandler & His Grating Simpleton Voice – Hubie Halloween
- Charles Band – All 3 Barbie & Kendra movies
- Barbara Bialowas & Tomasz Mandes – 365 Days
- Stephen Gaghan – Dolittle
- Ron Howard – Hillbilly Elegy
- Sia – Music [WINNER]
- 365 Days [WINNER]
- All 3 Barbie & Kendra Movies
- Fantasy Island
- Hillbilly Elegy
Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
- 365 Days (Polish Remake/Rip-Off of Fifty Shades of Grey)
- Dolittle (Remake) [WINNER]
- Fantasy Island (Remake/”Re-Imagining”)
- Hubie Halloween (Remake/Rip-Off of Ernest Scared Stupid)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (Sequel)
Special Governors Award for The Worst Calendar Year EVER!: 2020
Photo: Lacey Terrell/NETFLIX