The Oscar shortlists will be revealed on December 21, 2023. Visual Effects Society (VES) nominations are January 16, 2024. Oscar nominations will be announced on January 23 and the 96th Academy Awards will be held on March 10.
Here are my 2024 Oscar predictions for the 10-film shortlist in Visual Effects for November 2023.
- Oppenheimer (Universal Pictures)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (Marvel/Walt Disney)
- The Creator (20th Century Studios)
- Spider-Man: Across the Universe (Sony Pictures)
- Blue Beetle (Warner Bros)
- The Marvels (Marvel/Walt Disney)
- The Little Mermaid (Walt Disney)
- Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (Paramount Pictures)
- Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Walt Disney)
- Elemental (Walt Disney/Pixar)
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania ( Marvel/Walt Disney), Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (Warner Bros), Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Amongst Thieves (Paramount Pictures), The Killer (Netflix), Killers of the Flower Moon (Apple Original Films), Napoleon (Apple Original Films/Sony Pictures), Wonka (Warner Bros)
Barbie (Warner Bros), Beau is Afraid (A24), Cocaine Bear (Universal Pictures), Ferrari (NEON), The Flash (Warner Bros), The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songs and Snakes (Lionsgate), Gran Turismo (Sony Pictures), Meg 2: The Trench (Warner Bros), Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (Paramount Pictures), Poor Things (Searchlight Pictures), Rebel Moon (Netflix)