75th DGA Awards set key dates, February 2023 for ceremony
The Directors Guild of America (DGA) today announced the schedule of key dates for the 75th Annual DGA Awards, which will take place on Saturday, February 18, 2023 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Theatrical Feature Film and First-Time Feature Film nominees will be announced on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, the day before the Producers Guild reveals their nominations. Television, Commercial, and Documentary nominees will be announced on Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
The ceremony takes place the same night as the Art Directors Guild awards and three weeks before of the Oscars, which are set for March 12. Last year, Jane Campion won the DGA Award for feature film for The Power of the Dog, then went on to win the Oscar. Chloé Zhao had won both the year prior, making it the first time in DGA and Oscar history that a woman had won director honors two years in a row.
2022/2023 Film Awards Calendar
DGA members will be able to vote online between December 5, 2022 – January 10, 2023 for Theatrical Feature Film Nominations; between December 9, 2022 – January 6, 2023 for Television Nominations in five categories; and between January 11, 2023 – February 17, 2023 for the Theatrical Feature Film Award. All voting will continue to take place online. The complete schedule of key dates is included below.
THEATRICAL FEATURE FILM AWARD
– Online voting for Theatrical Feature Film Nominations opens: Monday, December 5, 2022
– Deadline to vote online for Theatrical Feature Film Nominations: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
– Five Theatrical Feature Film Nominees announced: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
– Online voting for Theatrical Feature Film Award opens: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
– Membership Screenings (or Streaming) of Five Nominated Theatrical Feature Films: January 16 – Jan. 20, 2023
– Deadline to vote online for Theatrical Feature Film Award: Friday, February 17, 2023
– Entry Forms for TV and Commercials available online: Thursday, September 8, 2022
– Deadline for submitting Television and Commercials entries: Monday, November 14, 2022
– Online voting for Television Nominations opens: Friday, December 9, 2022
– Deadline to vote online for Television Nominations: Friday, January 6, 2023
– Television and Commercial Nominees announced: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
FIRST-TIME FEATURE FILM DIRECTOR AWARD
– Entry Form for First-Time Feature Film Director available online: Thursday, September 8, 2022
– Deadline for submitting First-Time Feature Film entries: Monday, October 17, 2022
– Announce First-Time Feature Film Director Nominees: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
– Entry Form for Documentary available online: Thursday, September 8, 2022
– Deadline for submitting Documentary entries: Monday, October 17, 2022
– Documentary Nominees announced: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
75th ANNUAL DGA AWARDS
– Dinner Reservation Forms Available: Thursday, January 12, 2023
– Deadline for returning all Dinner Reservation Forms: Monday, February 6, 2023
– DGA Awards Ceremony: Saturday, February 18, 2023, The Beverly Hilton Hotel