American Cinema Editors (ACE) has announced the ceremony date, venue and the full voting timeline for the 73rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards, recognizing outstanding editing in 13 categories of film and television.
To be eligible to compete, television must have aired between January 1 – December 31, 2022 and films must be released between March 1 – December 31, 2022. As previously announced, the ACE Eddie Awards will be held Sunday, March 5, 2023 at UCLA’s Royce Hall in Los Angeles.
Three special honors will be handed out at the ACE Eddie Awards ceremony including two Career Achievement recipients presented to film editors of outstanding merit and the Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year honor presented to a filmmaker who exemplifies distinguished achievement in the art and business of film. Honorary award recipients will be announced later this year.
Also announced that evening is the winner of the Anne V. Coates Student Editing Competition.
Last year’s big winners in feature films included King Richard and tick, tick…BOOM!, while Succession, Hacks and Bo Burnham: Inside were among the television winners.
Submissions for the ACE Eddie Awards open November 28 and close on January 9 at 5pm PT.
Key dates for the 73rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 Submission for Nominations Begin
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022 (5pm PT) Submission for Nominations End
- Monday, January 9, 2023 Nomination Ballots Sent
- Monday, January 30, 2023 (5pm PT) Nomination Ballots Due (5pm)
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 Nominations Announced
- Monday, February 6, 2023 Final Ballots Sent
- Friday, February 10, 2023 Deadline for Advertising
- February 6-23, 2023 Blue Ribbon Screenings
- Friday, February 24, 2023 (5pm PT) Final Ballots Due
- TBD ACE Nominee Cocktail Party
- Sunday, March 5, 2023 ACE Eddie Awards
AMERICAN CINEMA EDITORS (ACE) is an honorary society of motion picture editors founded in 1950. Film editors are voted into membership on the basis of their professional achievements, their dedication to the education of others and their commitment to the craft of editing.
ACE produces several annual events including EditFest Global (an international editing festival), Invisible Art/Visible Artists (the annual panel of Oscar-nominated editors), and the ACE Eddie Awards, now in its 73rd year, recognizing outstanding editing in 13 categories of film, television and documentaries. The organization publishes a quarterly magazine, CinemaEditor, highlighting the art, craft and business of editing and editors.