It’s time for the annual 50 Favo(u)rite Performances list from AwardsWatch and this year features actors with multiple film mentions and films with two, three and even gets four performances making the cut. The voting begins in the forums in phases of nominations that create a shortlist from which the final nominee list is produced. From that group a ranked list is created by each voting forum member to give us the winners via a weighted ballot.
Some interesting trivia/statistics about this year’s list:
– The list contains 21 male performances and 29 female performances
– The #1 performance is not the one who earned the most #1 votes
– 99 ballots were received during the final round of voting
– 44 performances received #1 placement
– 2 performances received ZERO points in Phase II – Patrick Stewart, Green Room and Rebel Wilson, How To Be Single
– 3 Oscar-nominated performances did not make the final list, two just barely made the cut
Much thanks to AW member Olivivien, the superhero behind fantastic graphics and to Ali Benz, who spearheaded the process and counts.
First up, placing just outside the Top 50:
51. Jung Jae-Young, Right Now, Wrong Then
52. Glen Powell, Everybody Wants Some!!
53. Emily Blunt, The Girl on The Train
54. Laura Linney, Nocturnal Animals
55. Michael Barbieri, Little Men
In instances of a tie in points, the performance with more #1 votes was given higher placement. As I’m sure, you’ll find shocking placements and snubs and much, much to discuss.
Up next: THE LIST