FINAL 2022 Oscar Predictions: SOUND
You’d be hard pressed to predict anything other than Dune for Sound; not only does it have the most sound in the now merged categories of sound editing and sound mixing, but it’s swept the precursors.
Here are my final Oscar predictions for Sound.
1. Dune (Warner Bros/HBO Max) – BAFTA, MPSE, CAS
Mac Ruth, Mark Mangini, Theo Green, Doug Hemphill and Ron Bartlett
2. No Time to Die (MGM/UAR) – BAFTA, MPSE (2x), CAS
Simon Hayes, Oliver Tarney, James Harrison, Paul Massey and Mark Taylor
3. West Side Story (20th Century Studios) – BAFTA, MPSE, CAS
Tod A. Maitland, Gary Rydstrom, Brian Chumney, Andy Nelson and Shawn Murphy
4. The Power of the Dog (Netflix) – MPSE, CAS
Richard Flynn, Robert Mackenzie and Tara Webb
5. Belfast (Focus Features) – MPSE
Denise Yarde, Simon Chase, James Mather, Niv Adiri