The Oklahoma Film Critics Circle has named Licorice Pizza the best picture of 2021, also awarding the film Best Original Screenplay for Paul Thomas Anderson (the Best Director runner-up) and Best Actress to Alana Haim in her film debut.
The Power of the Dog was big winner overall, with six awards including Best Director to Jane Campion and three of four individual acting prizes. The French Dispatch took the group’s Best Ensemble award while Licorice Pizza and The Power of the Dog settled for a tie as runners-up.
Here is the complete list of winners and runners-up from the Oklahoma Film Critics Circle.
Best Picture: Licorice Pizza
2. The Power of the Dog
3. West Side Story
4. The Green Knight
5. Summer of Soul
6. The French Dispatch
7. Tick, Tick…Boom!
8. C’mon C’mon
10. Nightmare Alley / Pig / Red Rocket
- Best Director: Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Paul Thomas Anderson, Licorice Pizza
- Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Andrew Garfield, Tick, Tick…Boom!
- Best Actress: Alana Haim, Licorice Pizza
- Runner–up: Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
- Best Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Ciarán Hinds, Belfast
- Best Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Ariana DeBose, West Side Story
- Best Original Screenplay: Paul Thomas Anderson, Licorice Pizza
- Runner–up: Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Jane Campion, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Jon Spaihts, Denis Villeneuve & Eric Roth, Dune
- Best Animated Film: The Mitchells vs. the Machines
- Runner–up: Encanto
- Best Documentary: Summer of Soul
- Runner–up: The First Wave
- Best Foreign-Language Film: Drive My Car
- Runner–up: The Worst Person in the World
- Best Ensemble: The French Dispatch
- Runners–up: Licorice Pizza and The Power of the Dog
- Best Cinematography: Grieg Fraser, Dune
- Runner–up: Ari Werner, The Power of the Dog
- Best Score: Jonny Greenwood, The Power of the Dog
- Runner–up: Hans Zimmer, Dune
- Best First Feature: Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Lost Daughter
- Runner–up: Lin-Manuel Miranda, Tick, Tick…Boom!
- Best Body of Work: Lin-Manuel Miranda (Tick, Tick…Boom, Encanto, In the Heights, Vivo)
- Runner–up: Andrew Garfield (Tick, Tick…Boom, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Most Disappointing Film: Don’t Look Up
- (Runners–up: Halloween Kills and Spencer