The Golden Raspberrys, aka the Razzies, who “honor” the worst in film every year and often with a tongue firmly planted in cheek, have revealed the the nominations for the year’s most dubious honors: Worst Picture, Worst Actor, Worst Actress and more.
Robert Downey Jr.’s Dolittle remake and 365 Days, the Polish remake of Fifty Shades of Grey, topped the list with six nominations apiece including Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Actor and Worst Screenplay.
Sia’s disastrous musical drama Music is nominated for Worst Picture and Worst Actress (Kate Hudson), the flip side of the exact categories it was nominated for at this year’s Golden Globes. The film was also nominated for Worst Supporting Actress (Maddie Ziegler) and Worst Director.
Sony’s Fantasy Island remake, or “reimagining,” scored five nominations, for Worst Film, Worst Supporting Actress twice (Maggie Q and Lucy Hale), Worst Screenplay and Worst Remake.
Glenn Close, nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for Hillbilly Elegy, can also add a Razzie nomination for the same performance. If she is Oscar-nominated on Monday, March 15 she’ll become only the third person ever to be Razzie and Oscar-nominated for the same performance. The first was James Coco for 1981’s Only When I Laugh and then Amy Irving accomplished it just two years later with 1983’s Yentl. Borat‘s Maria Bakalova, nominated for a Globe, SAG, BAFTA and winner of the Critics’ Choice award, was nominated alongside former New York City mayor in the Worst Screen Combo category.
The full list of nominees for the 41st Golden Raspberry Awards will be revealed on March 14, 2021 with the actual awards being on April 24, 2021, the day before the Oscars.
365 Days – A Polish remake of Fifty Shades of Gray, this film not only got a rare 0% Rating at RT but was also found so sexually offensive that 95,000 signed a petition to remove it from Netflix…
Absolute Proof – This “documentary,” financed by and starring “The My Pillow Guy” Mike Lindell, purports to “prove” the canard that “voting irregularities” resulted in the 2020 Presidential election being “stolen.”
Dolittle – The last Big-Budget Box Office Bomb theatrically released before The Lockdown, Dolittle is a totally faithless umpteenth remake of the classic book about a man with a gift for talking to the animals.
Fantasy Island – This oddball remake takes the old TV series (“De plane! De plane!”) and crossbreeds it with Twilight Zone for a dark and decidedly murky “re-imagining” which almost nobody liked.
Music – A mis-guided “musical comedy” about an autistic teen-ager who “learns about life” under the guidance of her new guardian, this has a 90% Negative Rating on R.T. and is loathed by autistics everywhere.
- Robert Downey Jr. – Dolittle
- Mike Lindell (The “My Pillow Guy,” as “Himself”) Absolute Proof
- Michele Morrone – 365 Days
- Adam Sandler – Hubie Halloween
- David Spade – The Wrong Missy
- Anne Hathaway – The Last Thing He Wanted AND Roald Dahl’s The Witches
- Katie Holmes – Brahms: The Boy II AND The Secret: Dare to Dream
- Kate Hudson – Music
- Lauren Lapkus – The Wrong Missy
- Anna-Maria Sieklucka – 365 Days
Worst Supporting Actress
- Glenn Close – Hillbilly Elegy
- Lucy Hale – Fantasy Island
- Maggie Q – Fantasy Island
- Kristen Wiig – Wonder Woman 1984
- Maddie Ziegler – Music
Worst Supporting Actor
- Chevy Chase – The Very Excellent Mr. Dundee
- Rudy Giuliani (As “Himself”) – Borat, Subsequent Movie-Film
- Shia LeBeouf – The Tax Collector
- Arnold Schwarzeneggar – Iron Mask
- Bruce Willis – Breach, Hard Kill AND Survive the Night
Worst Screen Combo
- Maria Bakalova & Rudy Giuliani (Yes, That Really IS Rudy Giuliani!) – Borat Subsequent Movie-Film
- Robert Downey Jr. & His Utterly Unconvincing “Welsh” Accent – Dolittle
- Harrison Ford & That Totally Fake-Looking CGI “Dog” – Call of the Wild
- Lauren Lapkus & David Spade – The Wrong Missy
- Adam Sandler & His Grating Simpleton Voice – Hubie Halloween
- Charles Band – All 3 Barbie & Kendra movies
- Barbara Bialowas & Tomasz Mandes – 365 Days
- Stephen Gaghan – Dolittle
- Ron Howard – Hillbilly Elegy
- Sia – Music
- 365 Days
- All 3 Barbie & Kendra Movies
- Fantasy Island
- Hillbilly Elegy
Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
- 365 Days (Polish Remake/Rip-Off of Fifty Shades of Grey)
- Dolittle (Remake)
- Fantasy Island (Remake/”Re-Imagining”)
- Hubie Halloween (Remake/Rip-Off of Ernest Scared Stupid)
- Wonder Woman 1984 (Sequel)